corner corner Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express
by Agatha Christie | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 5/13/2010

status (set by eastbaybookmisr): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Thursday, May 13, 2010

1991 Harper paperback of the 1933 Hercule Poirot classic, originally published as "Murder in the Calais Coach." Cover art, by Jenny Tylden-Wright, is identical the picture icon attached to this same ISBN. This was on my list of best old mysteries to read, when I found this copy today for 10 cents on the sale shelf in Dimond Library.

I can let this go after I read:
1920 The Mysterious Affair at Styles [read 2010]
1930 The Mysterious Mr. Quin (short stories introducing Mr. Harley Quin) [n/a]
1930 Giant's Bread [not yet read]
1931 The Sittaford Mystery (Murder at Hazelmoor) [read 2017]
1932 Peril at End House [read 2017]
1932 The Thirteen Problems (The Tuesday Club Murders) (short stories featuring Miss Marple) [not yet read]
1933 Lord Edgware Dies (Thirteen at Dinner) [not yet read]
1933 Murder in the Calais Coach [read 2017]

Edit December 4, 2017: This is supposed to be one of the best procedurals, but with so many characters, I ended up skimming. The ending turned out to be a great twist, and final resolution. So for people who have the patience to get through all the clues rigamarole among so many characters, it will be a good read. I currently have this ranked at #364 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Journal Entry 2 by eastbaybookmisr at Little Free Library at 1036 Sunnyhills Road in Oakland, California USA on Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (12/5/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library at 1036 Sunnyhills Road in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.