Does Snogging Count as Exercise?

by Helen Salter | Teens |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 5/12/2010
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Book #1 in the Holly Stockwell series:

As one of the only girls in Year Nine without a boyfriend, fourteen-year-old Holly Stockwell has some catching up to do. Forget dating boys -- Holly can barely think about boys without being embarrassed. And her exercise-obsessed family can't seem to understand that her only obsession is Luke -- her best friend Poppy's very cute older brother.

IF HOLLY WANTS TO SNAG A BOYFRIEND, SHE NEEDS TO WORK ON A PLAN:

1. Snog someone. (a gorgeous boy, I mean -- e.g., Luke. Not just anyone. Not the bus driver.)

2. Go on one of those group holidays with Poppy, without parents, in order to possibly achieve #1 on a beach at sunset.

3. Avoid PE. (No way can I follow Mum's advice to just "enjoy taking part" and not get in a blind panic about it).

4. Get better-looking. E.g., get smaller bottom, get rid of braces, and somehow transform tangled hair into Pantene-style gorgeousness (tangled hair no good for seduction -- how will boys run fingers through it?).

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, June 08, 2014
My Review: This was such a fun book! I really enjoyed the Holly Stockwell character. 14 is such a bad age, some girls are developing more rapidly than others, boys are starting to be interested in girls and waver between teasing girls and wanting to date them. I look forward to reading more about Holly.

Saved for a bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, July 09, 2014
This book is starting out in Round #3 of Teens VBB (US only). This VBB is open to new participants if you want to join send me a PM.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Virtual Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (3/13/2015 UTC) at Virtual Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending this book to KSloan23 from the Teens VBB (US only). Enjoy the books!

Sent via Media Mail: Expected Delivery on March 25, 2015

Journal Entry 5 by ksloan23 at Colby, Kansas USA on Saturday, April 11, 2015
Thanks for sending! Adding to my TBR pile :)