The Dogs of Riga: A Kurt Wallander Mystery (2)

by Henning Mankell | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingDeepswampwing of Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on 5/11/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingDeepswampwing from Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Saturday, September 01, 2012
Second in the Kurt Wallander series.

On the Swedish coastline, two bodies, victims of grisly torture and cold execution, are discovered in a life raft. With no witnesses, no motives, and no crime scene, Detective Kurt Wallander is frustrated and uncertain he has the ability to solve a case as mysterious as it is heinous. But after the victims are traced to the Baltic state of Latvia, a country gripped by the upheaval of Soviet disintegration, Major Liepa of the Riga police takes over the investigation. Thinking his work done, Wallander slips into routine once more, until suddenly, he is called to Riga and plunged into an alien world where shadows are everywhere, everything is watched, and old regimes will do anything to stay alive.

Journal Entry 2 by wingDeepswampwing at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Saturday, September 01, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (9/1/2012 UTC) at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden

Realese for the convent Göteborg 2013

Journal Entry 3 by BCGothenburg at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, October 10, 2012
For the convention 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (4/19/2013 UTC) at Norgeshus (BC Convention 2013) in Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden

Happy convention

Journal Entry 5 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Friday, April 19, 2013
Picked this up at the conference today :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Murder, Drugs, Latvia and Wallender - a mix that' s trouble.

Great book. The second I have read by Henning Mankell and I hope more will come my way in the future :)

Released 4 yrs ago (10/6/2014 UTC) at apartment Jardines del Puerto in Alcossebre, Castelló/Castellón Spain

Welcome to Bookcrossing!

You have found a travelling book. Why not join in the fun? Read, release and pass on but don't forget to write a Journal Entry telling us where you found the book, if you read it what you thought about it and where you are going to leave it. If you join bookcrossing before you do the entry you will get an alert when the next person writes up about it and can track its travels. If you prefer to just leave an Anonymous Journal Entry, it will brighten up my day either way. Oh and if you like the book sooooo much you just don't want to let it go that is fine too, maybe one day eh ☺

Enjoy!!

Released for SNAP challenge

ETA Feb 2015 - brought this one back because noticed it on someone's wishlist and hope to leave for them at the BC Convention in Oxford

Released 3 yrs ago (4/11/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

A wishlist book ☺

Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 9 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 12, 2015
A wishlist book. Thank you so much.

Journal Entry 10 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 11, 2017
Chronologically this is the second thriller by Henning Mankell about the detective Kurt Wallander, although it was the fifth one published in its English translation and I can see why they put it off. This one was a problem for me. I enjoyed the first half but when Wallander returned to Latvia without permission I was disappointed. That is the reason I stopped reading Jo Nesbo’s Harry Hole series as he kept disappearing and I couldn’t understand why he still had a job. At least Wallander applied for holidays. Unfortunately, after that, it stopped being a crime novel and turned into more of a Cold War spy thriller which is not really my thing. In all, it is not a bad read - until the rather ridiculous roof-top climax.

Journal Entry 11 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/17/2017 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Taking to the Old Gang Meetup.