Room

by Emma Donoghue | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0330519026 Global Overview for this book
Registered by hakkalina of Budapest, Pest Hungary on 5/11/2010
Journal Entry 1 by hakkalina from Budapest, Pest Hungary on Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Paperback edition with 336 pages.

Book Description
Jack is five. He lives with his Ma. They live in a single, locked room. They don’t have the key. Jack and Ma are prisoners. ‘This book will break your heart . . . It is the most vivid, radiant and beautiful expression of maternal love I have ever read’ Irish Times ‘Startlingly original and moving . . . Endearing and as utterly compelling as THE LOVELY BONES’ Scotsman ‘I’ve never read a more heart-burstingly, gut wrenchingly compassionate novel . . . As for sweet, bright, funny Jack, I wanted to scoop him up out of the novel and never let him go’ Daily Mail ‘This is a truly remarkable novel. It presents an utterly unique way to talk about love, all the while giving us a fresh, expansive eye on the world in which we live’ New York Times Book Review

Journal Entry 2 by hakkalina at Budapest, Pest Hungary on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (7/18/2012 UTC) at Budapest, Pest Hungary

It is time to go on in order to discover more in this beautiful World... The book is travelling to its next reader!

Congrats to you!! You won on my Upside-down Sweepstake!! Ahh, a small fun just for the sake of your ssssmileeeeeeee! ;-Đ

Journal Entry 3 by wingPiikuwing at Parainen, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, July 21, 2012
The book is here, thank you hakkalina <3

I really look forward reading this one!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPiikuwing at Parainen, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, December 10, 2012
Wow, what a story, I liked it a lot.

Sannuli will be the next one to read this.

Journal Entry 5 by sannuli at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Thursday, December 13, 2012
Thank you!!! :)

Journal Entry 6 by sannuli at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing this book. Such an amazing story. It can't be easy to write from such a young child's point of view. (I don't understand the reason to compare this with The Lovely Bones though.) It's a very disturbing story so I'm happy about the rather happy ending (relatively happy but nevertheless).

I most definitely liked this books Very Much. I'm so glad that I got a chance to read it. So once again, thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 7 by sannuli at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (1/3/2013 UTC) at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland

Goes to tuittupeppi. Hope you'll like this, for me it was one of the best I read last year. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 8 by tuittupeppi at Lahti, Päijät-Häme / Päijänne-Tavastland Finland on Tuesday, January 08, 2013
I'm already very grateful to Sannuli who sent this book to me, I look forward to reading this book (although I have couple of ring books I have to read first...)

Journal Entry 9 by tuittupeppi at Järvenpään kirjasto in Järvenpää, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, September 08, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (9/5/2019 UTC) at Järvenpään kirjasto in Järvenpää, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Never read this book but I've got it in Finnish and started reading it... I released this one wild in Järvenpää library, hope someone gets to read this.