Oystercatchers

by Susan Fletcher | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 9780007190263 Global Overview for this book
Registered by hakkalina of Budapest, Pest Hungary on 5/11/2010
Journal Entry 1 by hakkalina from Budapest, Pest Hungary on Thursday, March 24, 2011
Paperback edition with 384 pages.

Product Description according to Amazon.co.uk: Amy lies in a coma. Her older sister, Moira, comes to her in the evenings, sits beside her in a green-walled hospital room. Here, Moira confesses. She admits to her childhood selfishness which deeply hurt her family and to the self-imposed exile from the dramatic Welsh coast that had dominated and captivated her childhood; to her savagery at boarding school; to the wild, bitter and destructive heart that she carried into her adult life. Moira knows this: that she's been a poor daughter, and a deceptive wife. But it is as Amy lies half-dying that she sees the real truth: she's been a cruel sister, and it is this cruelty that has led them both here, to this hospital bed. A novel about trust, loss and loneliness, 'Oystercatchers' is a love story with a profound darkness at its core.

Journal Entry 2 by hakkalina at Budapest, Pest Hungary on Thursday, March 24, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (3/24/2011 UTC) at Budapest, Pest Hungary

The book is travelling to its next reader!

Journal Entry 3 by bookmaniac70 at София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Thursday, March 31, 2011
Received as RABCK from my wish list. Hakkalina, your gift touched me very much, thank you from the bottom of my heart! Bookcrossers are indeed an amazing folk!

Journal Entry 4 by bookmaniac70 at София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Wednesday, February 27, 2013
I decided to send this book to travel, as I read 1/3 and couldn`t get into it.

Interested so far:

Icila- France, int. shipping
Inver- UK, int.

Journal Entry 5 by bookmaniac70 at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (3/26/2013 UTC) at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France

Sent to Icila.

Journal Entry 6 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, April 05, 2013
Received this morning. Thanks for the book and the stamps !

Journal Entry 7 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, May 07, 2013
I felt some compassion for Moira, a solitary child who has a poor self-image and don't know how to merge.

Journal Entry 8 by wingIcilawing at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (5/14/2013 UTC) at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France

On its way to Scotland.

Journal Entry 9 by Inver at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, May 18, 2013
Book arrived today. Thank you to Icila for sending it on and to bookmaniac70 for sharing.

Journal Entry 10 by Inver at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 09, 2014
I have started reading this one. I'm not sure how I am going to get on with it.

I'm struggling a bit with this one....18/6/14

Journal Entry 11 by Inver at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 23, 2014
I'm sorry to say I have had to give up on this read....I just wasn't enjoying how it was written...will be moving to the 'available' pile.

Journal Entry 12 by Inver at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 18, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (12/18/2016 UTC) at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

Will be left on the OBCZ shelf under the screen, in the bar downstairs.