The End Of Summer

by Rosamunde Pilcher | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingCJL-230711wing on 4/28/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingCJL-230711wing on Wednesday, April 28, 2010
It's that special time of the year - the annual Children's Hospital Book Market is on! I made a short visit on Saturday with my elder daughter and we didn't come home empty handed. I got some large-print books for my aunt and several books for myself, too. This is one of the large-print editions.

From the dust jacket:
"At the end of the summer, sitting on a California beach, Jane Marsh thinks back to her childhood at the estate called Elvie in a remote corner of Scotland. She remembers not only the heather-covered hills and the lonesome loch but also her grandmother - and, of course, Sinclair.
She had dreamed of marrying rakishly handsome Sinclair and settling at Elvie forever. Now an urgent visit from her grandmother's lawyer is the catalyst for her return to Scotland, where waiting for her is passion, not gentle love - and the chilling realization that she might be preparing to marry the wrong man."

Will pass on to my aunt next time we visit.

Journal Entry 2 by wingCJL-230711wing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, August 25, 2010
My aunt is finished with this. I'll set it aside for now in case gypsysmom's mother-in-law would like to read it.

Journal Entry 3 by wingCJL-230711wing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (9/28/2010 UTC) at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Passed on to gypsysmom for her mother-in-law.

Journal Entry 4 by gypsysmom at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Monday, March 02, 2015
This is a hardcover Large Print book. I passed it on to my mother-in-law some time ago. She has age-related macular degeneration and is legally blind. However, with a good light and strong glasses she can read these books so I am always on the lookout for them. She has now read this book and has given it back to me.

Journal Entry 5 by gypsysmom at Esso along hwy 1 in Brandon, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, July 25, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (7/24/2015 UTC) at Esso along hwy 1 in Brandon, Manitoba Canada

I left this book on the bench in front of the station. Although it is not the end of summer yet it is the end of my summer vacation so I thought I would release it now. This release is for the 2015 52 Towns in 52 Weeks release challenge - Town # 46 and for the "I'm Allergic to A in Titles" release challenge.