The Virgin's Lover (Boleyn)

by Philippa Gregory | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingheartthumperwing of Hutchinson, Kansas USA on 4/22/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingheartthumperwing from Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Thursday, April 22, 2010
In autumn of 1558, church bells across England rang out the joyous news that Elizabeth I is the new queen. One woman hears the tidings with utter dread. She is Amy Dudley, wife of Sir Robert, and she knows that Elizabeth's ambitious leap to the throne will draw her husband back to the center of the glamorous Tudor court, where he was born to be.

Journal Entry 2 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Thursday, January 27, 2011
Good book. I didn't enjoy it as much as "The Other Boleyn Girl", but well worth reading. The characters were true to form. Will pass on to another reader.

Journal Entry 3 by wingheartthumperwing at Waalre, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (2/2/2011 UTC) at Waalre, Noord-Brabant Netherlands

RABCK Winner. Posted off to marijketje in the Netherlands. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by marijketje at Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Saturday, February 12, 2011
recieved the book a couple days ago. Thank you so much for this RABCK!

Journal Entry 5 by marijketje at Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Saturday, July 30, 2011
I always like the books of Philippa Gregory, because they are well written and because there is some truth in them, which learns you something about history. I also like the virgin's lover, because I didn't expect it ending the way it did. I always apriciate that in books, because most of them are too predictable.

Journal Entry 6 by kalise at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Friday, November 11, 2011
The book just arrived, that was fast! Thank you so much Marijketje! It looks really lovely.

I hope you receive your package as well, soon! ;-)