Fire in the Snow

by Hammond Innes | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 4/15/2010
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Thursday, April 15, 2010
1970 Avon paperback with a 75 cents cover price, of the 1947 adventure novel. First published in England as The Lonely Skier. My goal is to read the Innes novels in order of publication, as I find them. This one has a number 3 on the cover, which sounds about right in the sequence. I found this copy last year in the free books pile on the porch of Dimond Library.

I can let this go after I read:
1937 The Doppelganger [n/a]
1937 Air Disaster [n/a]
1938 Sabotage Broadcast [n/a]
1939 All Roads Lead to Friday [n/a]
1940 Wreckers Must Breathe [n/a]
1940 The Trojan Horse [read 2015]
1941 Attack Alarm [n/a]
1946 Dead and Alive [n/a]

Edit January 1, 2019: There were some good thriller scenes in this, and a very good final act. But I had to skim most of it. I currently have this ranked at #1028 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 1 mo ago (1/1/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library at 90 Rio Vista Avenue in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.