True Detectives: A Novel

by Jonathan Kellerman | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by nicolesinger of Newport, North Carolina USA on 4/11/2010
Journal Entry 1 by nicolesinger from Newport, North Carolina USA on Sunday, April 11, 2010
From the back cover:

Moses Reed and Aaron Fox have the same mother; their respective fathers were cops, friends, and partners. And despite their shared calling, their turbulent family history has set them at odds. Moses is a no-frills LAPD detective; Aaron is a smooth-talking private eye. Usually they go their separate ways, but the disappearance of straight-A student Caitlin Frostig isn't usual. Reluctantly tag-teaming to crack a cold case that won't die, Moses and Aaron descend into the sinister underside of the City of Angels. Surrounded by twisted millionaire moguls, tarnished trophy wives, and famous faces with hellish secrets, they pull no punches as they penetrate the strange, seductive world of glamour, wealth, and power to keep L.A.'s dark dreamland from claiming another lost soul.

*****

Not bad, not bad at all. Kellerman has a way of describing people that really makes me think about them. I think I like it that he's broken away from Dr. Alex Deleware - though he and Milo Sturgis make appearances in the book. It's taking me a while to get to know Moses and Aaron and keep track of who's who, but it looks as though there's going to be a series, so I'll probably have a chance. (In fact, I wasn't sure but I got the impression that this may not have been the first book. There's definitely another coming along behind - the first chapters are at the end of this one.)

I took this from the paperback exchange at the Bogue Banks Public Library and will probably return it there or to another book exchange at some point.

I left this on the table outside the Carteret Community Library (second floor). There used to be another table, and signs on both saying FREE BOOKS. If I'd known the signs are gone now, I'd have labeled the outside covers of this and the other book I left so people could see they were available.

Ah, well - I took a chance and left them anyway. I hope someone comes along and takes them.