A Real Person: Life on the Outside

by Gunilla Gerland | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by tabby-cat-owner of Bellingham, Washington USA on 4/9/2010
Journal Entry 1 by tabby-cat-owner from Bellingham, Washington USA on Friday, April 09, 2010
The author wasn't diagnosed with autism until she was in her twenties. She writes about her childhood and life after her diagnosis.

Journal Entry 2 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Thursday, April 07, 2016
This book has been donated to the nonfiction vbb organized by boolady331.

Journal Entry 3 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Wednesday, June 22, 2016
It was interesting and illuminating to read about life from the viewpoint of a person who has a "high-functioning" form of autism. It was sad to read about her horrible family life and the destructive way that she chose in her younger years to deal with her difficulties. I was shocked to read about how little people knew about autism as recently as the 1970s and 1980s and how little was done to help a struggling student, blaming her for her failures.

Released 3 yrs ago (6/29/2016 UTC) at in Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

This book has been mailed to booklady331 of Coral Gables, Florida as requested from the Non-fiction VBB.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016
The book arrived today. Thank you for sharing with me. I work with students with varying exceptionalities which includes autism. I am looking forward to reading this book.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, August 07, 2018
I agree with tabby-cat-owner's journal. I find it difficult to believe that the author could remember so much from when she was little. That aside, it is a good insight into the mind of a person with a form of autism.

I am sending this on to my granddaughter who is studying early childhood education.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbooklady331wing at somewhere in Cape Coral in Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (8/7/2018 UTC) at somewhere in Cape Coral in Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! Off to someone in Early childhood education