Catcher in the Rye

by J.D. Salinger | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winglitrajunkiewing of Pretzfeld, Bayern Germany on 4/6/2010
Journal Entry 1 by winglitrajunkiewing from Pretzfeld, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, April 06, 2010
My German copy of this book is already traveling the world.

Journal Entry 2 by winglitrajunkiewing at Bamberg, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (4/8/2014 UTC) at Bamberg, Bayern Germany

Mailed to its next reader as a trade-in for Digital Fortress on my wishlist. I included a picture postcard of my village in Franconian Switzerland.

The book will travel 483 miles (777 km) to reach its next reader, never before have I propelled a BC book that far. That record was broken by Fear of Flying on 2016-08-04: 898 miles (1.445 km).

Thanks to © OpenStreetMap contributors for the map.

Journal Entry 3 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, April 14, 2014
This arrived safely in Essex, UK this morning! It also came with a great postcard on the inside and beautiful stamps on the outside!!! Thank you so much for sending me this book, which I have wanted to read for ages. I hope Digital Fortress reaches you safely!

Journal Entry 4 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 01, 2015
I think this book was wasted on me. I just didn't see the point of what I was reading. I really can't understand why people rate it so much. Perhaps because of the shocking language throughout and occasional reference to sex was a surprise for when it was written? It's just a couple of days in the life of a teen who goes off the rails whilst struggling to cope with the loss of a sibling. I didn't find Holden particularly likeable, so I didn't care what happened to him.

Journal Entry 5 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (9/1/2015 UTC) at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

Sending this off to grant a wish of a fellow bookcrosser. She thinks we are just doing a one book swap, but is getting a little more from me than she was expecting :)

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 03, 2015
This has just arrived through the post. And was an unexpected surprise!
Thank you so much. It's a book I've wanted to read for ages x

Journal Entry 7 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 07, 2016

I agree with Shahrun! I got to the end and thought "Oh! Is that it! Okay...." But I did actually enjoy reading it although I was disappointed by the quickness of the ending.

One good thing to come out of it was before reading the book I was writing a short story and didn't know how to end it...I decided after reading this book to write the "what happened in the future" in a short paragraph. When I read it out at writing group I said to them all "If this sort of ending was good enough for Salinger to have made a fortune from it, then it's okay for me to end my story this way too!! lol!!

Journal Entry 8 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 07, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/7/2016 UTC) at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

Saw that this book was on timcorke's wishlist so I've posted it off to him.

Hope you enjoy reading it xx

Journal Entry 9 by timcorke at Bursledon, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 23, 2016
Apologies for the delay in acknowledging safe receipt of the book - the joys (!) of having a 9 week old!!! Safely received and really happy to have this on my bookshelf to read. Ill get round to reading next - little one permitting ;)

Thanks cFreckle for thinking of me :)