The House of Lost Souls

by F.G. Cottam | Horror |
Registered by wandering-B of Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on 4/6/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wandering-B from Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Tuesday, April 06, 2010
From the cover:

"A drowned corpse, a glimpsed apparition and a discordant melody carried on the breeze. The evil is back. The house has been re-opened.

Just weeks after four students cross the threshold of the derelict Fischer House, one of them has committed suicide and the other three are descending into madness.

To save his sister, one of the three, ex-soldier Nick Mason must join ranks with Paul Seaton -- who visited the house a decade earlier and survived. But Paul is a troubled man, haunted by visisions of an ordeal that even now threaten his own sanity. . . "

Journal Entry 2 by wandering-B from Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Tuesday, April 06, 2010
Sending off to the int'l RABCK winner for March - congratulations!

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, April 23, 2010
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
One of my WishList books, I am really looking forward to reading it!
Thanks for the sweeties in the lovely little bag, the bookmarks (I love the kittens), and the beautiful Hong Kong postcard!
You are a Number 1, Wandering-B! :)
Eva

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, July 02, 2012
I have tagged Yorkshire-Lass with this book; I will read it soon!

Journal Entry 5 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, August 20, 2012
Currently reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, August 31, 2012
A real page-turner!!
Once again, as in "Dark Echo", the writer takes us through a ghost story, but throwing in real characters in the midst; in this case, Aleister Crowley, once considered "The Wickedest Man in the World" (I've always liked this family picture of his, see pic), and the writer Dennis Wheatley, whose novels (though considered awfully written by one of the characters) now I'm eager to read!
The two main characters, Nick and Paul, go on a search after the mysterious photographer Pandora Gibson-Hoare, and her strange links to the Fishcher House. There are black magic rituals, and even a human sacrifice. But throughout, characters are vivid and dialogue is sparkling. And the narrative keeps moving between present and past, aided by Pandora's diaries... but we never lose track.
A MUST for all of us who love ghost stories; I will certainly keep on searching for more novels by this writer.
Thanks for granting this Wish, Wandering-B; I have tagged Yorkshire-lass with it in the WishList Tag Game, and it will soon be on its way to her.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, September 03, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (9/2/2012 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to Yorkshire-Lass; I tagged you with this book in the WishList Tag Game.
I hope you'll enjoy the book... and the "little extra something". :)

Journal Entry 8 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Thank you for tagging me with this, I'm looking forward to reading it, but it may be a while until I can get to it as my TBR pile is massive.
Thank you too for the "little extra", a beautiful green fan, I love it :-)

Journal Entry 9 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, June 11, 2015
Wow, this was a real page turner, once I'd started reading I didn't want to stop. I will have to lookout for more by this author.

Journal Entry 10 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, June 12, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (6/12/2015 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

Going into Plum-crazy's Horror Book Box.

Journal Entry 11 by purple-pixie at Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 03, 2015
Taken from Plum's horror bookbox.

Journal Entry 12 by purple-pixie at Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 03, 2016
Wow, what a story! Like Bookworm-lady said the mix of real and fictional characters worked really well.

Journal Entry 13 by purple-pixie at Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 03, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (12/3/2016 UTC) at Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom