The Cold Moon

by Jeffery Deaver | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on 4/3/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Saturday, April 03, 2010
From Publishers Weekly
Mantegna applies his considerable talent to this latest Lincoln Rhymes mystery. Deaver's quadriplegic detective, Rhymes and his partner, Det. Amelia Sachs, attempt to stop a sadistic serial killer known as the Watchmaker, so named because he leaves specially constructed clocks at the site of each of his murders. However, as so often happens in Deaver's stories, not everything is even close to what it seems. Mantegna gives a smooth, no frills performance. He keeps the vocal deviations for each character to a minimum, concentrating instead on making their dialogue natural and realistic. His low-key delivery works especially well when describing the point of view of the Watchmaker or when delving into the inner thoughts of the killer's sexually deviant accomplice. The scenes between the two villains as they calmly discuss the fates of their intended victims, both before and after death, are genuinely chilling in their execution. Deaver fans will be pleased to have Rhymes and Sachs back in a new intricate and compelling thriller, with Mantegna once again serving as an excellent narrator.

Journal Entry 2 by wingApoloniaXwing at a wishlist RABCK, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (4/6/2010 UTC) at a wishlist RABCK, by mail -- Controlled Releases

Sent as part of z3CarGaragez' Wishlist RABCK Surprise.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingBoekentrolwing from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, April 15, 2010
Received this wishlist book for the wishlist surprise RABCK, organised by z3CarGaragez. Thank you very much, ApoloniaX, it is greatly appreciated. I also love the postcard of the macho horse back rider :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Monday, August 17, 2015
In order to get as many books read that have been on my TBR-shelf for quite some time, now it's this books turn.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, August 20, 2015
Boy, did I like this book! Neglected duties, woke up early, all just to finish it, no, to find out how it ends. And now that I'm done, I feel sad because there's no more pages to turn.

A very good thriller. Rhyme, Sachs and Dancer all playing a part. Plot twists, schemes, it had me fooled over and over again. Well done!

Nice touch, the watches indicating time of chapters.

The only thing I did not like was the listing of evidence, crime scene findings a few times in the book.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, August 21, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (8/21/2015 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

This book is now on its way to Cassolotl, the winner of my quick RABCK for this book. Congratulations!

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by Cassolotl at Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, August 27, 2015
Caught safely! Thank you very much, I am looking forward to it. :)