Night Train

by Martin Amis | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by lucycat of Hull, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on 7/7/2003
Journal Entry 1 by lucycat from Hull, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 07, 2003
One from the vaults...I haven't read this one, but with a house move fairly imminent, it's definitely time for this to go travelling and hopefully make some new friends...

Journal Entry 2 by lucycat at on Monday, July 07, 2003
Release planned for Thursday, July 10, 2003 at PDSA Charity Shop, Holderness Road in Hull, England United Kingdom.

Will be released as part of my and Olliebear's day of BookCrossing and pixie-pottering...hope it reaches a potential BookCrosser out there somewhere!

Happily off with Olliebear and the tiny one instead...whee!

Journal Entry 3 by Olliebear from Hull, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 11, 2003
Captured during a hot & sweaty pixie-potter. Have never read Martin Amis,and now I have three books to read - will see what all the fuss is about.

Journal Entry 4 by Olliebear at on Friday, July 16, 2004
Release planned for Saturday, July 17, 2004 at BC UK National Meet - 16th to 18th July 2004 in Birmingham, England United Kingdom.

Released at some point during the Unconvention...BCUK National Meet either in the wild or to another fellow Bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 5 by Fire-Dragon from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, July 18, 2004
Selected from the huge pile of books at the BookCrossing Unconvention in Birmingham. I know Martin Amis by reputation and look forward to discovering him for myself.

Journal Entry 6 by Fire-Dragon from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, November 27, 2005
This is the first Martin Amis book I have read but I'm told it's quite different to his others. It's a fairly short novel - more a novella really - and it's a first-person account by a hardbitten alcoholic female cop of her "worst case ever". It's beautiful written - the style draws you and carries you along with the story but also evokes the character and mood of the narrator. She lives in an apartment where the rent is cheap because of the noise of the night train, but "night train" is also a metaphor for her life.

I'm sending this to xtra in Norway who is collecting books with a train theme. She/he is planning to release the books on trains in Europe with a sticker asking people to help it get to its final destination.

Journal Entry 7 by xtra from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Wednesday, December 14, 2005
This was a very nice surprise! Thank you so much, Fire-Dragon!
I had almost forgotten you were going to send me this.

I'll try to make time to read it before I pass it on to train passengers all over Europe.

Released 15 yrs ago (1/22/2006 UTC) at Train Station, on a southbound train in Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway

In the restaurant section of the train.

This book simply had to be released on the night train.