A Killing Frost

by R D Wingfield | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 3/29/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 21, 2011
On a rainy night in Denton, Detective Inspector Jack Frost is called to the site of a macabre discovery in the woods - that of a human foot. Meanwhile a multiple rapist is on the loose, the local supermarket reports poisoned stock and a man claims to have cut his wife up into little pieces, yet can't recall where he hid them. But it is when two young girls are reported missing in quick succession that the Denton crime wave reaches terrifying heights.

As the exhausted Frost staggers from case to case, pressured from all sides and haunted by memories of his wife, something nasty arrives at the station in the form of Detective Chief Inspector Skinner. The scheming, slippery Skinner clearly has his eye on the Superintendent's office, but his first job is to manipulate the transfer of the unorthodox D.I. Jack Frost to another division.

Will Frost find the missing girls before his new nemesis forces him away from Denton once and for all?

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 21, 2011
Woo hoo! - I found a Frost book I haven't read - & I spent a very entertaining afternoon reading it...I couldn't put it down once I'd started it

Frost has his hands full: A human foot has been found, a rapist is on the loose, a supermarket's stock has been tampered with & poisoned & two young girls are missing
& to cap it all he's in danger of being transfered out of Denton by the scheming DCI Skinner.

There's plenty of twists & turns as the wonderfully acerbic Frost solves his cases (I just love his retorts to Mullett) but the big question is - will Skinner get the better of Frost? What do you think.... ;o)

Read as part of the 2011 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE (#58) - themed "MOVIE/TV" read for May

Released 8 yrs ago (7/8/2011 UTC) at Christmas Comes Early RABCK, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Christmas has come early for this bookcrosser! Hope you enjoy this :o)

Released as part of the 2011 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE &
the 2011 CHRISTMAS IN JULY CHALLENGE (#12)

Journal Entry 4 by chamonix44 at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, July 22, 2011
Wow! Christmas in July! What a wonderful surprise. Thank you so much for this early Christmas gift. This definitely looks like my kind of book. I hope it won't be too long until I get around to reading it.

Journal Entry 5 by chamonix44 at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Great book! So many linking murders and other crimes. I don't know how Jack Frost survives with all that whiskey drinking, hardly ever eating and practically no sleep at all. I had no idea who the murderer or murderers would turn out to be until the end. I think I will hold on to this book and release it in England in the summer.

Journal Entry 6 by chamonix44 at Hengelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, January 08, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (1/8/2016 UTC) at Hengelo, Overijssel Netherlands

I am giving this book to fellow bookcrosser, KJSkye.

Hallo daar, gelukkige vinder!
Wat leuk dat je op deze pagina bent komen kijken. Als je dit leest, heb je een boek gevonden, zomaar een onverwacht kadootje van mij voor jou... Veel plezier ermee! Hierbij trouwens wat spelregels mbt bookcrossing:

1. Het zou fijn zijn als je meldt dat het veilig bij jou is. Dat mag gewoon in het Nederlands.
2. Daarna kun je het boek gaan lezen en als je wilt nog eens schrijven wat je ervan vond.
3. Mag het boek verder reizen, geef het dan door aan iemand anders, of laat het zomaar ergens weer achter, liefst op een veilige, droge plek. Je kunt via de bookcross-site ook weer melden waar je het hebt neergelegd, zodat anderen ernaar op zoek kunnen gaan...
TIP: Als je het boek op zijn reis wilt volgen, dan kun je je het beste aanmelden als nieuwe bookcrosser (www.bookcrossing.com). Het is erg leuk om erachter te komen hoe het met 'jouw' boek op z'n reis verder gaat!!
Ik zou het erg leuk vinden als je mij
chamonix44 dan opgeeft als referent. Voor Nederlandse uitleg kun je terecht op de volgende site: www.bookcrossing.nl

If you are reading here, then I want to tell you that this is a. FREE . book, and there are no catches! It is now yours! Please read on.....
If you are the finder of this book it would be nice if you could leave a message here to say that you have it. Do not worry because I don't want the book back. It is yours to keep if you want it. I just want to know it is now in safe hands.

Journal Entry 7 by KJSkye at Hengelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Received this book from chamonix44 and I will read it soon.