Shakespeare's Landlord (Lily Bard Mysteries, Book 1)

by Charlaine Harris | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0425206866 Global Overview for this book
Registered by ParadizeApple on 3/26/2010
Journal Entry 1 by ParadizeApple on Friday, March 26, 2010
Nice fast and gripping read.

Dear Reader!

Have a nice read and don't forget to release ;-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, April 17, 2010
Picked this up off the book buffet at the 2010 BookCrossing Convention in Amsterdam. I've heard good things about it, so I decided to pick it up - thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmelydiawing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, May 17, 2010
First of all, forget old Willie; the title comes from Shakespeare, Arkansas, where our story takes place. The landlord in question is the murder victim. The protagonist is Lily Bard, a standoffish housecleaner with a dark past, whose only hobbies appear to be working out at the gym, taking martial arts classes, and obsessing over whether or not people have learned her secrets. When she happens to see the body being transported using her garbage cart one dark evening she quickly discovers that she must find the killer in order to prevent her secrets from being blasted all over town. As this is the first book in a series, we are introduced to tons of characters and even a couple of potential love interests, neither of which are particularly interesting. The cover art made me think it would be a touch more light-hearted, but in the end it's a somewhat humdrum murder mystery with just barely enough suspense to keep the reader involved. The ending was too predictable to justify the lead-up, but I won't say that I necessarily saw it coming from a mile away either. It was fine as a quick gym read, keeping my attention while I was on the stationary bike, but I won't be reading any more in the series.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmelydiawing at Cosi (Rosslyn) in Arlington, Virginia USA on Saturday, June 12, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (6/12/2010 UTC) at Cosi (Rosslyn) in Arlington, Virginia USA

Bringing to the BC in DC meetup.
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 6 by mdm139 at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 13, 2010
picked this up at a meetup today. i'm reading her sookie stackhouse novels and really enjoy them so I was thrilled to see it is the first of her other series. Can't wait to see if they are as good as the Sookie Stackhouse books

Journal Entry 7 by mdm139 at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Good quick murder mystery. I like the main character as I do all of the author's main characters. I would like to read the rest in the series just to see what trouble she can get into next.