The Girl Who Owned A City

by O.T. Nelson | Teens |
Registered by z3CarGaragez of Knox, New York USA on 3/22/2010
Journal Entry 1 by z3CarGaragez from Knox, New York USA on Monday, March 22, 2010
This book was pretty good as I recall. It was an interesting concept, one that I have repeatedly read as it seems to be quite popular, but I still remember this as the first of these types of books. I hope that it is enjoyed by others! Putting in KiaraNala29's Young Adult Bookbox, can't wait to see where it goes!

Released 9 yrs ago (4/5/2010 UTC) at Young Adult Bookbox in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Packaged this up yesterday and hoping to get in in the mail either today or within the next few days so that I don't hold it up any longer than I already have! I hope that someone enjoys the bookx in the box!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, March 06, 2011
I borrowed and read this book from KiaraNala29's Teen/Pre-teen/YA Bookbox.

My Review: I am pretty sure I read this as a kid, since it was originally published in 1975. The story was very familiar, but I wanted to re-read it. It's a good story.

If you liked this one, I would recommend you read The Hunger Games by: Suzanne Collins. It's the first book in a trilogy, it's fantastic.

This book is going back into the bookbox to find a new adventure!

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, April 02, 2011
Taking this out of KiaraNala29's YA/Teen box.

I've been a fan of this kind of story for a looong time, so I'll have to give this one a try; thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, April 13, 2014
Finally got around to reading this and enjoyed it, although I do have a few quibbles about the story.

I'm not thrilled with the cover art: Lisa looks too mature. If she was that developed as a 10-year-old, there probably would have been a lot more hormones in play, and it would have changed the story a lot.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (4/15/2014 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

To our TOC get-together at Romano's; probably for purple58 to release at the Y for World Book Night.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for finding this book!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn what it has to offer.

Freed any good books lately? It's good for the circulation. :)