The Grandmothers

by Doris May Lessing | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Hellehond of Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on 3/22/2010
Journal Entry 1 by Hellehond from Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Monday, March 22, 2010
Four good stories, which I really enjoyed.

Journal Entry 2 by Hellehond at Strandpaviljoen Zoomers in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, June 20, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (6/20/2010 UTC) at Strandpaviljoen Zoomers in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Voor de Castricummeeting

Journal Entry 3 by dutch-book at Weesp, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, June 20, 2010
Meegenomen, omdat ik vind dat ik eerst iets duns van Doris Lessing moet lezen voordat ik aan The golden notebook begin. Bovendien zag deze er ook nog aantrekkelijk uit.

Journal Entry 4 by dutch-book at Weesp, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, April 04, 2011
Just finished it. I thought this would be one story, but it turns out to be four! I loved it, that way I could divide my reading. I also was a bit put off by this book, because of the very long opening sentence. But it turned out fine. I liked all four stories, but my favourite would be the first (no saving the best for last, for me!) And may I say that Doris Lessing writes surprisingly and pleasantly modern for her age. I didn't really expect that! Praise for her to be still writing at this age (84)!
The book has been chosen by kerbam1421 out of the First Sentences VBB, so it will head off to the USA tomorrow!

Journal Entry 5 by dutch-book at Weesp, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (4/5/2011 UTC) at Weesp, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Sent off today to kerbam1421 who picked this one in First Sentences VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by kerbam1421 at Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Monday, May 02, 2011
Received this a little while ago and haven't had a chance to journal it (my baby came early!) :) Thanks for sending my way! :)