C, My Name Is Cal

by Norma Fox Mazer | Teens | This book has not been rated.
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 3/16/2010
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Book Description:

Following "A, My Name Is Ami" and "B, My Name Is Bunny", this third book in Mazer's series features a male character. Cal is in high school, but he has never kissed a girl, he lacks skills for casual conversation, and he is about to be kicked off the basketball team. The source of his troubles seems to be that his father abandoned him and his mother years before. The two share a house with Garo, his best friend. Garo's father is a pilot and Cal's mother has been hired as housekeeper and stand-in mother for Garo. Although Garo is full of life and more fun to be around, the girls are attracted to the more sullen Cal, maintaining the teen romance tradition. When Cal's father shows up, Cal makes some attempts to open up and seems headed toward a hopeful future. (Grade 5-8)

This is a former library book, hardback edition. I got this book for free from a library in Canton, Georgia.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, March 07, 2011