Before I Wake

by Robert J. Wiersema | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPooker3wing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 3/12/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingPooker3wing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Friday, March 12, 2010
Received from Random House for winning "The Olympians" prize in John Mutford's 3rd Canadian Book Challenge over at his blog, The Book Mine Set.

Thank you Random House and thank you John. I'm thrilled to receive this fabulous book (A Globe and Mail Best Book!)and the three others!

Journal Entry 2 by wingPooker3wing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, July 04, 2010
I really did not expect to like this novel as much as I did. I'm not an uncaring person, but I anticipated with some trepidation having my heartstrings manipulated. Who would not feel incredible sadness reading a story about how parents (and others) cope after a three year-old girl is involved in a hit-and-run accident, sinks into a coma, with no chance of coming out of it? Who wouldn't hope for a miracle? What if a miracle, but not the one you'd wish for, happens?

I couldn't put it down.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPooker3wing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, July 04, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (7/5/2010 UTC) at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

All wrapped up and ready to go in the post tomorrow to the winner of Ibis3's CanLit Sweepstakes.
Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 4 by klaradyn at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Friday, July 30, 2010
Thanks, Pooker3, I've never heard of this book or author before, so I look forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 5 by klaradyn at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Wednesday, May 25, 2011
I expected this to be a straightforward story about how two people are affected by a tragic event in their lives, so I was very much surprised by the supernatural element in the book. I'm not totally convinced by what is "revealed" about two characters at the end, though.
After finishing I'm in two minds about the book - I did read it in two days and wanted to finish it, so it can't have been bad, can it? The story moves along and I was interested in seeing what happens in the end. But at the same time I didn't find the characters especially well-developed and did not have very much sympathy for them. Also, the writing style was not particularly good.
Even so, it was good to have the chance to read a new author. Thanks, Pooker3.

Released 8 yrs ago (6/24/2011 UTC) at A Touch of Madness, Nuttall Rd in Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa

On the shelf at the OBCZ.

My book #1 for the Canada Day Release Challenge 2011.