Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street)

by Debbie Macomber | Women's Fiction |
Registered by Inver of Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on 3/11/2010
Journal Entry 1 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, March 11, 2010
This was one of the Secret Santa books to sent to me by a fellow member on The Book Club Forum.

Another 'Blossom Street' saga. Anne Marie and several other widows get together and each decide to make a list of twenty wishes, being things they want to achieve and do after looking to the future. Anne Marie wants to find happiness and this she does in a small girl called Ellen, through volunteering at the local school as a 'lunchtime buddy'. Their friendship grows as Ellen ends up staying with her when her grandmother takes ill. There are other characters from Blossom Street, throughout the story, and as normal their lives intermingle. Slowly wishes are ticked off Anne Marie's list with help from Ellen and they both learn that wishes can come true, but sometimes not in the way you expect them to.

An easy, enjoyable read, with lovely characters.

Journal Entry 2 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, March 25, 2010
When you receive the book:

*** Please make a journal entry to say it's arrived safely. Once read post a review, but not giving anything away and let us know if you enjoyed it or not. PM the next member on the list for their postal details. If you can please try to read, review and release the book within 4-6 weeks of receiving it, to help keep things moving along nicely. Make a journal entry/controlled release note when you post it on. If you need to be moved further down the list/drop out etc, please let me know and I can rejuggle the order. ***

Thank you! Most of all I hope you all enjoy the book and the fun of taking part in my bookring.

Reading order:- (Sent on it's way 25/3/10)

penelopewanders (EU)
star69 (UK/Int'l)
BonnethillBunny(UK/Int'l)
iluza(Int'l)(missed out, no longer wants to read)
collectorkerri (USA/Canada)<----- It is here, bookray completed

This is now a bookray and is at the end of its journey to keep/pass etc.

Released 9 yrs ago (3/25/2010 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sending on its way to Switzerland to the first person in the bookring. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Saturday, April 10, 2010
This arrived safely while I was off on holiday, and now am diving headfirst back into work. Thanks so much for sending. I've returned to a number of rings so I'll try to get to them quickly. This looks like fun, and if past Macomber experience holds true, this will be a swift read. Thanks so much! I love the card, by the way!

Journal Entry 5 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Saturday, April 17, 2010
Very sweet, enjoyable read. Wondering about what my twenty wishes would be...
I'm waiting for the next address.

Now on its way to the UK. Thanks for making this one available!

Journal Entry 7 by star69 from Sittingbourne, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, May 01, 2010
This came in the post this morning will start reading ASAP

Journal Entry 8 by star69 from Sittingbourne, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, May 10, 2010
Really enjoyed this book and yes I am thinking about my twenty wishes although I not sure I will be able to complete them as easily as they did in the book but I'm still going to try.
Thanks Inver for shareing this lovely book.

Will PM next person in ring and get it on it's way again.

Released 9 yrs ago (5/21/2010 UTC) at mailed to the next participant in Bookray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Sent on to next person in the ray hope you enjoy it

Journal Entry 10 by BonnethillBunny from Pitlochry, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, May 22, 2010
Thank you arrived today, help thats two I have to read now!

Journal Entry 11 by BonnethillBunny at Pitlochry, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 05, 2011
Was an enjoyable read, I think most of my wishes have to do with getting my house tidied up!! but never mind. e-mailing next reader fro address.

Journal Entry 12 by BonnethillBunny at Pitlochry, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, February 27, 2011
PM'd Iluza but she no longer wants this book have pM'd next on list waiting for address

Journal Entry 13 by Inver at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, March 10, 2011
This was posted by me for BonnethillBunny on the 4/3/11 in Pitlochry.

Journal Entry 14 by wingcollectorkerriwing at Springfield, Illinois USA on Friday, March 11, 2011
Received today. It's in line behind a couple other books, but I will read ASAP.

Journal Entry 15 by wingcollectorkerriwing at Springfield, Illinois USA on Thursday, May 05, 2011
Enjoyed this installment of the Blossom Street series, as I have enjoyed all of the books. I like that the author brings back characters from previous books in the series while focusing on new ones.

It is on my AVL shelf for now, but if no other opportunity presents itself to move this book on, I think I will save it for my First Sentences Virtual Bookbox when this round finishes.

Journal Entry 16 by wingcollectorkerriwing at Fit Club South - entry area in Springfield, Illinois USA on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (11/1/2011 UTC) at Fit Club South - entry area in Springfield, Illinois USA

Left in the book exchange box in the childcare area.