The New York Trilogy (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition)

by Paul Auster | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by tobysrus of Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on 3/8/2010
Journal Entry 1 by tobysrus from Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Monday, March 08, 2010
A colleague at work cleaned out his bookcases at home and offered two bags of books to me. I kept some I wanted to read, but am registering the others for wild release.

Released 9 yrs ago (3/9/2010 UTC) at Algiers, 40 Brattle Street, Harvard Sq. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been caught so I know that it has found a good home with you. If you are new to BookCrossing, when you join please indicate that you were referred by tobysrus. I hope that you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you are done reading.

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, Boston has an active group of BookCrossers who meet bi-monthly: second Tuesday of the month at Algiers (40 Brattle St, Cambridge - Harvard Square, 2nd floor) and the 4th Saturday of the month at the Panera Bread in Coolidge Corners Brookline. Come join us! For more information, see our meet-up group at http://bookcrossing.meetup.com/195/! Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

Journal Entry 3 by southbos3279 at Boston, Massachusetts USA on Monday, November 15, 2010
Caught at the November 2010 Boston Bookcrossing Meetup.

Journal Entry 4 by wingedithdollwing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, February 25, 2018
Caught/orphan re: 2/24/18 Sat. Meet-Up Boston Bookcrossing @ Panera Bread/Porter Square Cambridge/holding for now.

Journal Entry 5 by wingedithdollwing at Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, May 09, 2018
Brought to the Bookcrossing May 2018/regular Tues. meet up--released to a Bookcrossing friend and/or someone else took as orphan.

Journal Entry 6 by wingedithdollwing at Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, August 16, 2018
Back around to me. Caught/orphan Aug. 2018 meet-up/reg. Tues.
To be released 8/16/18 Cafeteria lower level, community bookcase, John McCormack Bldg. Boston, MA 02108

Journal Entry 7 by wingedithdollwing at Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, December 08, 2018
Pulled back for now.

Journal Entry 8 by wingGoryDetailswing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, December 09, 2018
I got this book from the gift-wrapped offerings at today's Meetup at the Porter Square Panera. (It was a lovely meetup, with some new faces as well as old friends; thanks to all!) I was attracted by the first line, “It was a wrong number that started it, the telephone ringing three times in the dead of night, and the voice on the other end asking for someone he was not.” Delighted to see it's originally from tobysrus!

Later: I gave this one a shot, but while I do sometimes appreciate meta-fiction and playing with genre tropes, these stories were... a bit repetitive for my taste, and not nearly as entertaining as the mind-bending aspects suggested. Ah, well!

[There's a TV Tropes page on the book, with some entertaining tidbits.]

Journal Entry 9 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Ohio Rd in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, March 02, 2019

Released 10 mos ago (3/2/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Ohio Rd in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the big TARDIS-themed Little Free Library; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2019 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***