Empty World

by John Christopher | Children's Books |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 3/3/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 03, 2010
If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (3/16/2010 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy! RABCK to z3CarGaragez

For RABCK and Oh the Places We Can Go release challenges 2010

WORLD

Journal Entry 3 by z3CarGaragez from Knox, New York USA on Tuesday, March 23, 2010
This is another that my brothers will probably enjoy so I am giving it to them and will get their feedback on it as soon as they finish it! Thanks for sending it!

Journal Entry 4 by z3CarGaragez from Knox, New York USA on Sunday, April 04, 2010
Alright so my brothers aren't quite the readers that I wish they are and they have decided that they do not want to read this book for whatever reason. I don't want it to go to waste though and I hope that someone else enjoys it so I am sending it off in KiaraNala29's Young Adult Bookbox and hopefully someone else will enjoy it!

Released 9 yrs ago (4/5/2010 UTC) at Young Adult Bookbox in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Packaged this up yesterday and hoping to get in in the mail either today or within the next few days so that I don't hold it up any longer than I already have! I hope that someone enjoys the bookx in the box!

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, March 07, 2011
Taking this book out of KiaraNala29's Teen/Pre-teen/YA Bookbox.

This looks like something I would like to read.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, December 07, 2013
I've tried reading this a couple of times and just can't get into the story to finish it. So I'm making this one available.

Released 5 yrs ago (1/9/2014 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending this wishlist book to GoryDetails. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014
This book arrived (along with the Teen Bookbox) just ahead of Yet Another Snowstorm. Many thanks for filling this wish! I've enjoyed many of Christopher's books, including The Death of Grass, and am looking forward to reading this one.

Later: The story introduces teenager Neil, whose life has been turned upside down by the deaths of his parents in an automobile accident. But just when he's trying to ease back into ordinary life, the spread of a deadly plague changes everything...

The story includes some wrenching scenes of the growing devastation, especially when it comes to individuals who seem to have survived unscathed - only to catch the disease later on and die anyway. Eventually young Neil, the only survivor in his part of the world, makes his way to London in hope of finding someone else. The steps he takes towards this, and the results, lead to some emotional highs and lows that are very disturbing; there are other survivors, a few anyway, but some are dangerous and some are - tragic.

Eventually Neil encounters two young women who, while at first understandably hesitant to trust anyone, do let him in to their household. But one of them is jealous of the attention her friend pays to Neil, and things might not go well at all...

Interesting, low-key but chilling take on a global plague, and one that does not have a pat resolution. Thanks for sharing this one!

Released 5 yrs ago (3/16/2014 UTC) at Park and Ride (at Exit 2) bookshelf in Salem, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the book-swap shelves inside the terminal at around 4; hope the finder enjoys it!

*** Released for the 2014 Four Elements challenge, for "world". ***