Falling Off The Map: Some Lonely Places of the World

by Pico Iyer | Travel | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingSherlockfanwing of Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on 3/3/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingSherlockfanwing from Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, March 03, 2010
What does the elegant nostalgia of Argentina have in common with the raffish nonchalence of Australia? And what do both these countries have in common with North Korea? They are all "lonely places", cut off from the rest of the world by geography, ideology, or sheer weirdness. And they have all attracted the attention of Pico Iyer, one of the finest travel writers ever to book a room in the pyongyang Koryo hotel.

This book was passed on to me by a sister-in-law, a keen developing travel writer herself, for bookcrossing.

Released 9 yrs ago (3/8/2010 UTC) at The Library Bar in Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

Greetings, dear reader,
If you are new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site; welcome!
Enjoy the site, the book and hopefully the BookCrossing community.
I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, Sherlockfan, as the member who referred you. If you are an old hand at BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book!
Either way, I hope you'll make a journal entry so all the future readers can track this book's journey.
Thanks, and Happy Crossing!