Abandoned

by JEANETTE MCCARTHY | Nonfiction |
Registered by Lord-Trotsky of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 2/28/2010
Journal Entry 1 by Lord-Trotsky from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, February 28, 2010
Charity shop purchase for bookcrossing but, it looked quite good so, I read it. It was good....

Thank you for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry on the BookCrossing site (www.bookcrossing.com) to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by Lord-Trotsky. I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading. Whenever you’re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is EVER given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

"When Leicester Detective Cal Fisher is called to investigate the disappearance of shop girl Tess Hardy, it appears the woman has simply run away. But as he looks closer into Tess’s life, he discovers all is not as it seems.

Tess’s boyfriend is also not all he seems.
Mike, a deeply traumatised ex-soldier, is fated to continually repeat the pattern of abandonment that has shaped his troubled life.

Tess, left alone without food, shelter or warm clothing on a remote Scottish island, has little hope of survival. Frozen and starving, she reaches deep inside herself to search for an inner strength she doesn't believe she possesses.

And as Cal delves deeper into Mike’s past, the terrible realisation dawns that he’s no longer searching for a missing woman.

Now he’s hunting a serial killer."

I am sending this out as a short bookring. The members are:

Yorkshire-Lass
raeliz64
K1nS
oncomingshower
Cross-patch

Journal Entry 2 by Lord-Trotsky at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (3/23/2010 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

Passed this on to Yorkshire Lass. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Thanks for dropping this off today. I'm already half way through and I'm really enjoying it. Will PM the next person now so I can move it on as quickly as possible.

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Friday, March 26, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (3/26/2010 UTC) at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Now finished and moving on to Raeliz64. This was a really gripping read and I'm glad I've had the chance to read it.

Journal Entry 5 by raeliz64 from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, March 29, 2010
Received today - thanks very much, I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by raeliz64 from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 06, 2010
This was quite a gripping page-turner and I enjoyed that it was partially set in Leicester, being a Leicester girl myself. Having said that, some of the dialogue was less than convincing and I thought it lost its way a bit towards the end. On the whole though, a good read.

Released 10 yrs ago (4/7/2010 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

On it's way to K1nS.

Journal Entry 8 by K1nS from Swansea, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, April 08, 2010
This book arrived this morning :)

Journal Entry 9 by K1nS from Swansea, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 28, 2010
I couldn't seem to get into this book :( I have decided now to leave it and pass it onto the next person so I have sent a PM to oncomingshower for their address :) Thanks for allowing me to try this book, such a shame the story didn't draw me in.