Starting Over

by Robin Pilcher | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by mirthful of Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on 7/6/2003
Journal Entry 1 by mirthful from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Sunday, July 06, 2003
Robin Pilcher writes almost as engagingly as his mother. I started this book on the Thursday while on holiday, expecting it to last me until the end, as I had not been doing much reading, but was so caught up in it that I had to finish it on the bus between Clonmel and Dublin on Friday. Apart from obviously having mastered the design of plots that draw the reader on, Pilcher also creates characters that are believable and sympathetic. Having said that, I was NOT happy with the ending of this book - I still recommend it, but be forewarned that it does not "do what it says on the box" (it being a "they lived happily ever after" sort of box, and to my mind this was not how the story ended - which left me feeling somewhat cheated).

Journal Entry 2 by mirthful at Carlisle railway station in Carlisle, Cumbria United Kingdom on Monday, July 14, 2003
Released on Friday, July 11, 2003 at railway station waiting room in Carlisle, Cumbria United Kingdom.

Left it on a chair in the Quick Snack section of the waiting area