That Was Then, This Is Now

by S.E. Hinton | Teens |
Registered by flewry of Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on 2/16/2010
Journal Entry 1 by flewry from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Liked this quite a bit as a teen, though second to The Outsiders. We read this in 6th or 7th grade. I don't remember at what point I picked up a copy for myself.

Journal Entry 2 by flewry at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades, Florida USA on Saturday, February 27, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (2/27/2010 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades, Florida USA

Sending out for my "I'm moving to a tiny apartment and don't want to move all these books" RABCK!

Journal Entry 3 by z3CarGaragez from Knox, New York USA on Tuesday, March 02, 2010
I've heard great things about this book from my mom and I figured it was time to read it myself, thanks so much for sending it to me!

Journal Entry 4 by z3CarGaragez from Knox, New York USA on Saturday, April 03, 2010
I definitely liked this book a lot, it was really good and well it was also really sad as well. I liked how Ponyboy was in this book again too, I love how S.E. Hinton integrates characters from past books or coming books into her new novels. I think that's really cool and the story was really good, though I didn't really like the ending, it seemed like it was setting it up for a sequel and I usually don't like it at all when books are like this, but I really did enjoy this. I am going to put it in KiaraNala29's Young Adult Bookbox soon!

Released 10 yrs ago (4/5/2010 UTC) at Young Adult Bookbox in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Packaged this up yesterday and hoping to get in in the mail either today or within the next few days so that I don't hold it up any longer than I already have! I hope that someone enjoys the bookx in the box!

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, March 06, 2011
I borrowed and read this book from KiaraNala29's Teen/Pre-teen/YA Bookbox.

My Review: I read this book in 7th grade (a really long time ago), so I wanted to read it again. It's just as good now as then. It's a great, timeless story.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the book:

"I wondered if, when I got to be 20, I would think how stupid I was at 16."

"Yeah, but M & M is just a kid."
"So are we, nothing bad happens to you when you're a kid. Or haven't you realized that?"
"Youth is free from worry," I said sarcastically. "You've been listenin' to too many adults."
"I don't worry. I'm never scared of nothing, and I never will be," Mark said, "as long as I'm a kid."

"You can't walk through your life saying 'If.' You can't keep trying to figure out why things happen, man. That's what old people do. That's when you can't get away with anything anymore. You gotta just take things as they come, and quit trying to reason them out."

This book is going back in the bookbox to find a new adventure!