The Lottery And Other Stories/The Haunting of Hill House/We Have Always Lived In The Castle

by Shirley Jackson | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by geishabird of Toronto, Ontario Canada on 2/11/2010
Journal Entry 1 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, January 3, 2011
Shirley Jackson was one of the 20th century's best writers of unsettling and disturbing tales. This omnibus is a collection of all her best work.

Journal Entry 2 by geishabird at Harbord House Pub in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 14, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (7/14/2011 UTC) at Harbord House Pub in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Bringing it to the meetup tonight. If not claimed, will probably leave it on the bookshelves or release somewhere in the neighbourhood.

Journal Entry 3 by crazy-book-lady at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 15, 2011
Picked up at the BC summer social last night.

I think the only story I have read by Shirley Jackson is The Lottery. I'm not sure I am up to reading The Haunting of Hill House (though it is a classic horror story), but I love short stories (especially unsettling ones) so I'll poke around this book and see what else lurks there. Uh oh, I think I am scaring myself already...

Great seeing you last night geishabird! Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by crazy-book-lady at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, November 3, 2012
I started reading We Have Always Lived in the Castle while waiting for kids to come to the door on Halloween night. It was an unsettling yet compelling read. I might read The Haunting of Hill house, but not just yet....

Journal Entry 5 by crazy-book-lady at Harbord House Pub in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 1, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (6/1/2014 UTC) at Harbord House Pub in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Taking this to the meetup at Harbord House today.