Miss Zukas And The Stroke Of Death

by Jo Dereske | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by eicuthbertson of Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on 2/9/2010
Journal Entry 1 by eicuthbertson from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Another mystery featuring the librarian sleuth, Wilhelmina "Helma" Zukas.

This time, she finds herself (reluctantly) a member of the Bellehaven Library relay race team in the famous Snow to Surf Race.
But at the same time, she needs to solve a murder case - her good friend, Ruth, is a suspect.

Journal Entry 2 by eicuthbertson at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/9/2010 UTC) at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Releasing at the Lower Mainland BookCrossing Meetup!
Come & join us.

When: February 9, 2010 7 pm

Where:
Rhizome Cafe
317 East Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5T 1W5

Journal Entry 3 by Strude from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, February 23, 2010
The mystery was pretty good and the descriptions of coastal Washington State were particularly good, especially of the lake where Miss Zukas practiced. The race is typical of a number along the coast and I think she got the feel of the event pretty well.

Journal Entry 4 by Strude at Waves Coffee - Columbia St in New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/23/2010 UTC) at Waves Coffee - Columbia St in New Westminster, British Columbia Canada

We will be enjoying our third meetup of the month in the back room of the coffee shop. If you're free why not join us? If no one takes this it will probably be on a table near the fireplace.

Journal Entry 5 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, February 27, 2010
This one looks like a fun read.

Journal Entry 6 by loveamystery at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, October 17, 2010
Amazon Editorial ReviewCivic-minded librarian Miss Helma Zukas has reluctantly agreed to use her long-dormant skills as a canoeist to paddle down Washington Bay on behalf of the Bellehaven Library relay race team. But before Helma has a chance to test her aquatic talents, she is once again matching wits with the local police over the identity of a killer. And this time it involves keeping her somewhat flaky artist friend, Ruth Winthrop, off Death Row.

When the flamboyant Ruth rejected the attention of a dirty old man in a local bar, she never thought it would be to put him off permanently. But when his body shows up just outside her studio, the police consider her a prime suspect. Helma knows for sure that Ruth is no killer, but she didn't suspect that asking too many questions about the life of the unsavory dead man would unearth some long-buried scandals...and cause someone to want to close the book on one inquisitive librarian.

She certainly is her own person and someone else (Chief Gallant) seems to like her very much as well. I would read more in this series.

Journal Entry 7 by loveamystery at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, November 28, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/27/2010 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

This book is now on its way to dukefan86 as a RABCK. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by dukefan86 at Morrisville, North Carolina USA on Friday, December 10, 2010
Thanks so much for sending me this book! What a treat! I'm looking forward to reading it! I'll be sure to send it along on its journey when I'm done.

Journal Entry 9 by dukefan86 at Post Office - Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (3/19/2013 UTC) at Post Office - Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina USA

This book will be on one of the counters in the lobby, near mailboxes. Enjoy!