Bridget Jones's Diary

by Helen Fielding | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Jaelle of Brooklyn, New York USA on 6/26/2003
Journal Entry 1 by Jaelle from Brooklyn, New York USA on Thursday, June 26, 2003
I read this about a month or so ago. I haven't seen the movie, but I wonder how they pulled off the diary format in a movie. One of my favorite parts is that at the beginning of a day's entry Bridget would indicate her weight, how much she ate, how many cigarettes she smoked, & other things she wanted to track; there are also time gaps as there would be in many diaries.

Overall I found the book enjoyable.

Journal Entry 2 by Jaelle from Brooklyn, New York USA on Thursday, July 03, 2003
Promised to sgscarcliff.

Journal Entry 3 by Jaelle from Brooklyn, New York USA on Monday, July 21, 2003
Should be on it's way tomorrow!

Journal Entry 4 by wingsgscarcliffwing on Monday, July 28, 2003
Thank you. Received this as a trade. It will be a little while until I read it, but I will read, post and send it on its merry little way.

Journal Entry 5 by wingsgscarcliffwing on Friday, March 12, 2004
I just finnished. And have offered the book to fill someone's wish list wish. I have not heard back so I do not know yet who I will send it to, but it will continue its journey.

This was a nice escape type of read. Something that I needed as I have been fighting a bad cold and anything that requires thinking would not have worked.

This is one case where I enjoyed the movie better. The book and the movie follow along the same for the most part with some differences. One thing about the book I don't think the other characters were developed well, I did not have any reason to like them or not.

Thank you for sharing the book.

Journal Entry 6 by wingsgscarcliffwing on Tuesday, March 23, 2004
Have offered this book up as a bookrelay to 1 keep the book moving and to keep the bookrelay from dieing out.

Journal Entry 7 by emmafiles from Murrumba Downs, Queensland Australia on Monday, October 18, 2004
Yeah - it arrived! It has been quite a journey for this book, and after a failed attempt it has made its way to me in Australia.
Thanks sgscarcliff for sending it!

Journal Entry 8 by emmafiles from Murrumba Downs, Queensland Australia on Thursday, October 21, 2004
I have read Bridget before and thoroughly enjoyed revisiting her antics.
She is such a lovable character, and I find myself also really liking her friend Tom.
A funny read, I sped through this on a plane to Cairns yesterday and have released it into the wild up here in the tropics today.