Kissing Sin (Dell Book)

by Keri Arthur | Romance |
ISBN: 055358846x Global Overview for this book
Registered by sternenwolf of Steffenberg, Hessen Germany on 1/26/2010
Journal Entry 1 by sternenwolf from Steffenberg, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Amazon.de:
Vampire-werewolf heroine Riley Jensen escapes an unknown enemy's breeding pens to kick off the second installment of Arthur's urban fantasy series (following Full Moon Rising). The action and sex come fast and furious as Riley works with her twin brother, her boss at Melbourne's Directorate of Other Races, as well as most of her lovers (who include a vampire with werewolf issues, a werewolf with mixed loyalties, an alpha werewolf and a horse-shifter) to uncover and derail a nefarious plot to create an army of super-beings. Strong world-building, vivid personalities and the distinctive cultures of each of the various paranormal strains combine for a rich narrative, and Arthur's descriptive prose adds texture and menace. She also creates strong empathy for Riley, whose vampire half is beginning to assert itself, making her already precarious fertility problems worse. As in her first entry, though, Arthur can occasionally lose her reader amid complicated paranormal plot points, and her publisher's insistence on marketing her as paranormal romance may frustrate; though the heroine's multiple sexual partners fit her werewolf nature, they do not fit romance genre conventions and are better suited to readers of erotica/romance hybrids. (Feb.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Well I just finished "Kissing Sin" and it's better then "Full Moon Rising". Especially in the end the story's getting faster und exciting. Also there are not as much sex as in the first book and bit more story.
Which I don't like is that the author is repeating herself. Not only in explanations, but also in several terms she seems to like. That's a bit annoying but okay.
And although it's not the best werewolf-book I've read, I'm curious about the continuing.

One of the bookring-whishes for my 1st BC-Aniversary

Going to:
1.Tiamat-muc- München, Bayern
2.delfinetti-Siegen, NRW
3.Sao-Diego12548-Berlin
4.Annieselan-Fulda, Hessen
6.You?

x.back home

Journal Entry 2 by sternenwolf at per Post, an einen anderen Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/24/2010 UTC) at per Post, an einen anderen Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Mit der Post auf dem Weg!
Ich wünsche euch allen viel Spaß beim Lesen!

Journal Entry 3 by Tiamat-muc from München, Bayern Germany on Monday, March 08, 2010

vor ein paar Tagen schon angekommen - danke für die Erinnerung, sternenwolf! Wird auch bald (noch in diesem Monat) gelesen

02.04.10
I agree with sternenwolf, the sequel is better than the first one. It's a bit fewer sex and definitely more storyline. While you could have read the first book without need for the coming ones, you end Kissing Sin and desperately want to start with Tempting Evil. Good for you, that I have it started by sternenwolf as a ring (c:

Released 9 yrs ago (4/3/2010 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany

und weiter geht es

Journal Entry 5 by wingdelfinnettiwing from Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, April 08, 2010
Das Buch ist schon gestern wohlbehalten in meiner Packstation angekommen, zusammen mit Teil 1. Vielen lieben Dank fürs Schicken und Verringen!

Journal Entry 6 by wingdelfinnettiwing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (4/21/2010 UTC) at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

The book is on it´s way to Sao-Diego12548. Thank you very much for this great ring! I´m looking forward to part 3!

Journal Entry 7 by Sao-Diego12548 from Köpenick, Berlin Germany on Monday, May 10, 2010
With this one also I had a good time.
The story did get on faster and a little less centered on the sex (well, it wasn't the week of the full moon, eh?!) but I was left with the feeling that in the end not so much really happened or brought the story further.
I also share the feeling about the repetitions. Mostly it's ok but I really startet to annoy me how she always describes sexual bliss in the same way (It felt like I would tear apart for shear pleasure... And then everything did tear apart). A little unimaginative, I think...

I asked for the next adress and will send the book on asap.