Loop (Ring Trilogy)

by Suzuki | Horror |
ISBN: 9781932234251 Global Overview for this book
Registered by book-man-8 of Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 1/25/2010
Journal Entry 1 by book-man-8 from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, January 25, 2010
This is a japanese horror and supernatral thriller. difficult to get into it.As I also have the sequels - "Spiral" and "Ring" - I'll make the three bookds available together.

This book ist part of a triple RAY. The follwoing Bookcrossers read along:

"megami-no-ushi" from Calgary, Alberta, Canada
"kizmiaz" from Lisboa, Belém, Portugal (EU preferred)

Journal Entry 2 by book-man-8 at Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, November 15, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/16/2010 UTC) at Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany

This is off as a RABCK to Canada. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, December 01, 2010
It was so nice to crawl back to work today (stupid flu) and find this package and two cards waiting for me! Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 4 by megami-no-ushi at Brattleboro, Vermont USA on Friday, September 16, 2011
I finally finished this book this morning. The first part was really scientific and theoretical and philisophical so it was hard to read but I'm glad I kept at it since it did finally live up to my expectations, and there was a reason he wrote that first part that way.

I have the next addess and will send these off as soon as I get something to ship them in.

Journal Entry 5 by megami-no-ushi at -- BOOKRAY, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (9/20/2011 UTC) at -- BOOKRAY, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

I'm finally sending this trilogy on to Portugal - I'm so sorry for taking so long with it!!

To the finder:
Calgary has an active group of BookCrossers that meet to swap books and discuss book crossing every second Saturday of the month at 11am at the Joshua Tree Cafe on Edmonton Trail. We always love to meet new crossers, so please join us any time you like!

Journal Entry 6 by kizmiaz at Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, October 10, 2011
just got it, thanks megami-no-ushi and book-man-8.
I'm really curious about this author.

Journal Entry 7 by kizmiaz at Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Friday, November 11, 2011
This is a more than satisfying end to the trilogy but also the hardest book in the trilogy to get into, the first chapter is so dense with scientifical explanations that it drags although it pays off in the end.
The characters are very interesting and the plot is tight, with the author picking up every loose end from the previous books and giving them direction.
The author is able, once again, to give the virus a new form and keep it interesting, in this book he takes it to a totally different level giving the story a great twist that actually ends up adding excitment to the whole thing.
The loop is a great concept and it translates in all sorts of ways during the book.
I really enjoyed this book and find it a very good ending to the trilogy, although I was a bit bored by the description of the previous two books during the narrative, it was unecessary, in my opinion.
One thing that really bothered me about this edition is the fact that the translator gets the royal treatment by having his name on the cover and of the same size as the author, what's up with that????

Journal Entry 8 by kizmiaz at Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Friday, November 11, 2011
Reserved for an international BRay.
BRay rules:
- I think a month per book is time enough for you to read this trilogy if you think you won't make it no problem, just let me know so I can post a little warning to the following BC'er, it's all a matter of courtesy;
- Please do not forget to make a JE when you get it and when you send it on to the next, that way we'll all know where the book is;
- There is no limit to people on this BRay, the more the merrier;
- I'll organize this by country so it won't be too pricey for anyone;
- Because life's hard for a lot of us, please feel free to ship by surface mail;
- The last person on the BRay is free to do with the books as he pleases, you might even want to help it continuing its journey.

Who's in:

- vcrazygirl - Portugal
- salvami - Ireland
- BoekenTrol - Netherlands
- LilyKlip - Germany
- biisbsw - USA<--It's Here!
- Rrrcaron - USA

Journal Entry 9 by kizmiaz at Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (12/3/2011 UTC) at Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal

On a journey to new readers.

Journal Entry 10 by vcrazygirl at Almeirim, Santarém Portugal on Monday, December 19, 2011
Just got it :D

Journal Entry 11 by vcrazygirl at Almeirim, Santarém Portugal on Monday, June 04, 2012
sorry for still having this book...
I promise it will continue his journey this month! :D

Journal Entry 12 by salvami at Wexford, Co. Wexford Ireland on Saturday, September 15, 2012
Thank you for sending! The books arrived in Ireland safely. I will look forward to starting them.

Journal Entry 13 by salvami at Wexford, Co. Wexford Ireland on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (2/19/2013 UTC) at Wexford, Co. Wexford Ireland

Started its journey again, sorry for keeping it long!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, I didn't expect this at all... I very much prefer occult to sci-fi unfortunately, so I was a bit disappointed by it.

Journal Entry 14 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, February 21, 2013
The books arrived safely today :-)
Thanks for sending them out to me, salvami and for starting this ray, kizmiaz! Look forward to reading them. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Journal Entry 15 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, April 05, 2013
I didn't have as much tenacity as the others that have started and finished this book. Gave the book more than 100 pages to get better, got somehere half way "the Cancer Ward", but for me it just didn't get better.

I liked the first part, where Kaoru is little, debating with his father, so I thought well of the book at first. Too bad it hasn't persuaded me enough to keep reading and get to know the twist & turn and tidying up of loose ends the others are talking about.

I've PMed the next in line for their address and the books will be going on to Germany next.

Thanks anyway for sharing the whole trilogy, I'm glad they came along :-) and made me read an author I hadn't read before.

Journal Entry 16 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, April 05, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (4/5/2013 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

Together with the other books in the trilogy, LOOP is now on its way to Germany, to LilyKlip. I wish you lots of reading pleasure!
I hope they arrive safe and soon.

Journal Entry 17 by LilyKlip at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Wednesday, April 10, 2013
The books have arrived with me. Thank you.

Journal Entry 18 by LilyKlip at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (5/7/2013 UTC) at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany

Continues its journey tomorrow!

Journal Entry 19 by biisbsw at Endicott, New York USA on Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Arrived here today. I've never read anything by Suzuki but I'm always interested in trying something new. I'll put it on top of TBR pile and pass it on as soon as I can.