F Is for Fugitive (Kinsey Millhone)

by Sue Grafton | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by WelshHelen of Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on 1/23/2010
Journal Entry 1 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, January 23, 2010
Different cover.

Sixth in the series and, I think, the one I'm most dissapointed in. I didn't really like any of the characters so didn't care what happened to them. The best part of the book was the ending - and I don't mean that in a derogatory way! The book seemed to come alive from Kinsey's visit to the springs right to the end so although this wasn't my favourite book in the series, it's certainly well worth a read.

Offered as an international spiral:

Please try to read the book within 6 weeks. Usual rules apply with the added request that books are not sent together to the next reader. If it means hanging on to a book for a couple of weeks please do so, rather than sending "in bulk"! Thank you.

ekranda - UK (intl)
pingucb - UK (intl)
Jonniboi - UK (Europe pref)
dutch-book - Netherlands
dabercro - US (US only)
kerbam1421 - US (US only)

Journal Entry 2 by Paws4Books at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 15, 2011
Got this in the mail today...thank you very much!...only problem is that i never received E for Evidence. Will see if i can track down a copy somewhere as i'd prefer to read in order if i can.

Journal Entry 3 by WelshHelen at Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, April 16, 2011
OK, I'm officially an idiot and I also can't read!! I've got E here and I'll put it in the post early next week, seeing as it was the one I *thought* I'd posted!! D'uh!

Journal Entry 4 by Paws4Books at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 17, 2011
No problem, I thought perhaps E had gotten lost in the post!...Glad to hear you have it safe and sound! Looking forward to a double session on Kinsey Millhone and her mysterys quite soon!!

Journal Entry 5 by Paws4Books at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Another murder mystery from Sue Grafton, unlike the rest of her books though, this time she is investigating a murder that occurred in the past!

This one didn't really feature many of the normal regulars, there was mention of Kinsey’s neighbour at the beginning...as she was staying with him as a result of her home being blown up in E is for Evidence!!

Some interesting new characters but lacking some personalisation in this one and some of the new characters were a little bit too much!!

I actually predicted the murderer of this one...felt it was the most obvious yet! All in all a page turner which I enjoyed, just as I have with all of the others!

Thank you very much for sharing these books with us all WelshHelen, very much appreciated and enjoyed!! Will pop this book in the post to pingucb x

Journal Entry 6 by pingucb at Lower Kingswood, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, July 25, 2011
Received this some time over the weekend - it was here when we got back.
I'm working my way through Uncon bookrays at the moment before Nottingham in September, but will try to squeeze this one in somewhere along the way!! May take me a bit longer than usual though...

Journal Entry 7 by pingucb at Lower Kingswood, Surrey United Kingdom on Friday, November 18, 2011
I apologise for the amount of time that I've had this book.
It is next to read, so hopefully will get through it before Christmas!!

Journal Entry 8 by pingucb at Lower Kingswood, Surrey United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 22, 2011
'F' is for finished - finally worked my way through this book! Altogether a very interesting read, the story felt more contained than in some of the previous books but still with plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader on their toes. There were a couple of characters I felt could have been developed a bit more, but as a quick and easy to read mystery this hit the spot nicely.
Am starting to wonder whether Kinsey is capable of taking on a case without getting into some sort of trouble though!!
Will get in touch with jonniboi to post the book on.

Journal Entry 9 by pingucb at Church Crookham, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (12/1/2011 UTC) at Church Crookham, Hampshire United Kingdom

Being posted off to jonniboi any time now - not sure precisely when as left it with my mother in law to post. It may have already gone!

Journal Entry 10 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, December 03, 2011
just recieved, I really cannot wait to start reading it, but there's a few bookrings/rays infront, so I'll try and be as quick as possible :)

Journal Entry 11 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 21, 2011
dutch-book wishes to be skipped, and removed from the spiral, will pm the next person in line now :)

Journal Entry 12 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, December 30, 2011
Really good, I loved this storyline. But I guessed straight away who did it, but I had no idea why, and then as the story progressed more and more, I doubted myself, and started guessing at everyone, but it looks like I should stick with my gut instinct (as per usual).

I'm really loving this series, and I cannot wait to get my hands onto the next book. I also like the fact that this spiral isn't going too quickly, that way it gives us all more time to read, at our own leisure, rather than trying to get through them as quickly as possible because you already have the next book in line.

I was up until 4:30AM last night finishing this book, everytime I put it down to go to sleep, my mind was just stuck on this book (I had also previously had alcohol (it usually helps me get to sleep), it looks like this story was too powerful and I had no option but to finish it.

I shall send this book out in the new year, hopefully early January!

Journal Entry 13 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, February 06, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (2/6/2012 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Sent this book off, it's now in the post! Sorry it took sooooo long to send to dabercro, I cannot wait for the next book :)

Journal Entry 14 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Monday, February 13, 2012
Arrived in the mail yesterday. This will be my next read.

Journal Entry 15 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Thursday, March 01, 2012
Another good story in the alphabet series. Grafton's books are easy reads with storylines that keep me wanting to read to find out "who dunnit". I was surprised to find out who "did it". I suspected other characters throughout. I guess I wouldn't be a very good detective!

Journal Entry 16 by dabercro at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Thursday, March 01, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (3/1/2012 UTC) at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to the next participant, kerbam1421, in MD.

Journal Entry 17 by kerbam1421 at Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Monday, March 12, 2012
Received this one last week - thank you :)