When Will There be Good News?

by Kate Atkinson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by jillbe of Dorchester, Dorset United Kingdom on 1/7/2010
Journal Entry 1 by jillbe from Dorchester, Dorset United Kingdom on Thursday, January 07, 2010
Received via readitswapit.co.uk. From the back of the book:0)

In a quiet corner of rural Devon, a six-year-old girl witnesses an appalling crime. Thirty years later, the man convicted of the crime is released from prison.

In Edinburgh, sixteen-year-old Reggie, wise beyond her years, works as a nanny for a GP. But her employer has disappeared with her baby, and Reggie seems to be the only person who is worried. Across town, Detective Chief Inspector Louise Monroe is also looking for a missing person, unaware that hurtling towards her is a former acquaintance - Jackson Brodie - himself on a journey that is about to be fatally interrupted.....

Journal Entry 2 by jillbe at Dorchester, Dorset United Kingdom on Sunday, July 11, 2010
Although essentially a good read, not one of her best. Now going to make available etc.

Journal Entry 3 by jillbe at Dorchester, Dorset United Kingdom on Monday, August 23, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (8/24/2010 UTC) at Dorchester, Dorset United Kingdom

Sending onto vekiki, NSSSBTSSS, happy bookcrossing and enjoy:0)

Journal Entry 4 by Vekiki at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 01, 2010
Thankyou for such a lovely NSS parcel! I'm going to release this right now at work as it's the kind of book that seems to get snapped up really quickly

Journal Entry 5 by Vekiki at New London Theatre, Drury Lane in Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (9/1/2010 UTC) at New London Theatre, Drury Lane in Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom

left on the community bookshelf at work

Journal Entry 6 by Vekiki at Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (10/1/2010 UTC) at Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom

taking this along to the uncon for a fellow BCer, as i spotted this on their wishlist

Journal Entry 7 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, October 04, 2010
Thank you so much Vekiki for this book from my wishlist. I'm really looking forward to reading it as I've read one of the other Brodie mysteries and greatly enjoyed it.

It was great to meet you at Swindon, and partake of the Jasper Fforde tour together (I can't decide what was the highlight of the tour, but one thing that sticks in the mind was the topless guy who greeted the bus just before we entered the magic roundabout!)

Journal Entry 8 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Thursday, December 16, 2010
I do enjoy reading these Brodie books. The way the characters interact is, at times, reminisent of "The Importance of being Ernest". I think in this book the author introduces too many characters and at times I got confused over who was who (especially when she started talking about a family using the names of imaginary characters created for a (non existant) book based on the people). But the rest of the story line made up for this.

I hope the author writes a fourth book.

Thank you for passing on this book to me Vekiki.

Journal Entry 9 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at The Long Stone Pub (OBCZ) in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (2/16/2011 UTC) at The Long Stone Pub (OBCZ) in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

There is good news - lizzyblack's birthday, which has inspired me to release this book. What better place to celebrate a birthday than in a pub in Ireland!

Journal Entry 10 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Thursday, March 03, 2011
I have just started it, but am loving it already - have enjoyed previous Kate Atkinson novels I have read. Thank you to the kind person who released it!

Journal Entry 11 by EveMcKay at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Thursday, March 03, 2011
Apologies - didn't mean to register book anonymously (I wasn't logged in), thanks again to person who left it in Dublin. Will spend this afternoon curled up reading with frequent cups of tea!