Aquamarine

by Alice Hoffman | Children's Books |
ISBN: 1405203633 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Jonniboi of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 12/31/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Jonniboi from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, December 31, 2009
This story is BRILLIANT, I don't blame the fact that it was made into a film not long ago!

The Blurb (back of the book):
"'Hailey didn't say, You'll never believe me, which is what she would have told anyone else. She whispered the name of what she'd seen in the deep end of the pool where everything was hazy and dim. Claire held even more tightly to the railing, because she absolutely, positively, without a doubt, believed.'"

The Blurb (inside cover):
"Hailey and Claire have one last frying-hot summer together at the Capri Beach Club before Claire moves to Florida. Moon jellyfish, seaweed and barnacles fill the pool at the Capri after a storm. And the sea has brought another creature to the beach club - a mermaid.

Sharp-tongued and beautiful, Aquamarine refuses to return to the sea until she has found the love she left six sisters to search for. But as the blazing August sun burns down, how long will it be before her silver hair and deepest ocean-blue eyes are nothing but a puff of green dust?"

Journal Entry 2 by Jonniboi from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, December 31, 2009
this is now up for a bookring!

To sign up Click Here

Participants so far (not the final order):
Jonniboi - UK - (Post International)
Teggers - UK - (Post Europe)
24-7-365Reader - UK - (Post International)
MKTiny - UK - (Post International)
Shelj7k - Ireland - (Post International)
ToXiCKiTTiKiSS - US - (Post US)
kerbam1421 - US - (Post US)
Valpete - US - (Post International)
Cmaiers - US - (Post International) SKIPPED
Lauraloo29 - Canada - (Post International)
Jumpingin - Canada - (Post International)
Wendyv - Australia - (Post International) SKIPPED
Tsjara - Netherlands - (Post Europe)
Babelfisk - Sweden - (Post Europe)
BethanyGordon - UK - (Post Europe)
... Then Back to me! <--------- Back Home with me

Journal Entry 3 by Jonniboi at UK, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (3/17/2010 UTC) at UK, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

sent off to the first person in line, who is Teggers!

Journal Entry 4 by teggers from Mansfield, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, March 30, 2010
It's much shorter than I expected, will get to it as soon as life and other books allow.

Released 11 yrs ago (4/27/2010 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Off to the next reader!

Journal Entry 6 by 24-7-365Reader on Thursday, April 29, 2010
Arrived today (with a lovely postcard of St Andrews - thanks, will use this as a book mark while reading), 1 more to finish in front of it. Thanks for sharing

Journal Entry 7 by 24-7-365Reader on Tuesday, May 18, 2010
A quick and easy read, it only took me about 30 minutes to read, a nice story though, a story my youngest daughter would probably have enjoyed (had I not have been reading it a 10.30pm last night :) ), loosely based on The Little Mermaid.

Waiting for the address on the next person on the list

Thanks for sharing

Journal Entry 8 by MKtiny from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Arrived this morning. It seems just the book for this summery weather. I have a book to finish but I'm looking forward to this one.

Journal Entry 9 by MKtiny at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Read it in one sitting - a sweet story, vividly told. Soon to be winging its way to the next on the list.

Journal Entry 10 by shelj7k at Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, June 11, 2010
Aquamarine showed up this morning with perfect timing. I was just on my way out to keep two appointments and, as I knew I would be waiting in these offices, I popped the book into my bag as I left the house.

I read the first 40 or so pages as I waited for my first appointment. I had a little longer to wait at the next stop and managed to read the rest of the book! In fact, as I reached the conclusion of the story I was hoping for just a few minutes more so that I wouldn't be disturbed!

Aquamarine has all the qualities of Alice Hoffman's other books, magical, lyrical writing with a heart-tugging story and, even though it is written for children, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really very sweet.

Thank you to Jonniboi for the bookring and to MKtiny for sending it on to me. I have pm'd ToXiCKiTTiKiSS for an address and the book is ready to continue its travels as soon as I have received a reply.

Journal Entry 11 by shelj7k at Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, June 14, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (6/14/2010 UTC) at Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland

Happy travels little mermaid!

Journal Entry 12 by TemekuGirl at Temecula, California USA on Sunday, June 27, 2010
Thanks for sending me this book! I will read it when I get a chance. It looks quite small, so it should not take long.

It was good short read. I have seen parts of the movie, but the book was quite different. It was an interesting tale.

Journal Entry 13 by TemekuGirl at Temecula, California USA on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (6/29/2010 UTC) at Temecula, California USA

Sent to kerbam142 today. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 14 by kerbam1421 at Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Wednesday, July 07, 2010
Finally checked my mail after the holiday weekend and received this book. I'm currently in the middle of another book, but this one will be up right afterwards and it's definitely going to be a quick read.

Thanks for sending along and thanks for including me! :)

Journal Entry 15 by kerbam1421 at Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Monday, July 12, 2010
Started this and finished it last night in about an hour. I really enjoyed it, but wanted more.....I wanted there to be more interaction with Aquamarine and the two girls. I am curious to see the movie - I didn't even know that there was a movie until reading the reviews.

Thank you for including me. I'll PM the next in line now.

Journal Entry 16 by kerbam1421 at Landover, Maryland USA on Monday, July 19, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (7/19/2010 UTC) at Landover, Maryland USA

FINALLY sending this off - so sorry for the delay. Enjoy!

DC# 420945959102785091401609378923

Journal Entry 17 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Saturday, July 24, 2010
Received this today. It may take me a while, since I have a few up before this one.

Journal Entry 18 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Saturday, November 20, 2010
I finished this in one sitting, "like a wave washing over me." A delightful story. I've PM'd the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 19 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Monday, November 22, 2010
I'm skipping cmaiers, since I haven't heard from her. Sending this off to LauraLoo29 (I have her address).

Journal Entry 20 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Monday, November 22, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (11/22/2010 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 21 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 04, 2010
Arrived safe and sound today. I have a few other rings before this. Not to worry. I will keep it moving. Thank you!

Journal Entry 22 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, January 04, 2011
A lovely read. Sending to the next person tomorrow. Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 23 by wingjumpinginwing at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Arrived safely today. I will start this as soon as I finish my current book. In the meantime, my daughter will read it.

Thanks, Jonniboi and lauraloo!

Journal Entry 24 by wingjumpinginwing at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, January 20, 2011
My daughter and I have both read this book and we agreed that it was wonderful.

It looks like wendyv isn't active right now, so I have contacted Tsjara for her address.

Journal Entry 25 by wingjumpinginwing at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, January 22, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (1/22/2011 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

I didn't hear back from wendyv, so I have sent this book on to Tsjara.

Thanks, jonniboi, for sharing it!

Journal Entry 26 by Tsjara at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, January 29, 2011
It's here :) Thanks for sending jumpingin! I do have a couple of bookrings/rays in front of this, but will get to it as soon as I can. Thanks for sharing Jonniboi!

Journal Entry 27 by Tsjara at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, February 19, 2011
Just finished reading this today and enjoyed it a lot. A nice retelling of The Little Mermaid. I haven't seen the movie though.. will keep an eye out for it :)

Will PM babelfisk now.

Journal Entry 28 by Tsjara at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, March 05, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (3/4/2011 UTC) at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Mailed this to babelfisk yesterday, sorry for the delay.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 29 by babelfisk at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Wednesday, March 09, 2011
I had absolutely forgotten about this book so it came as a nice surprise today. Will start reading it immediately.

Journal Entry 30 by babelfisk at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Friday, March 11, 2011
A lovely little book! Too short, thou. I feel like keeping her but I will be sending her on after the weekend.

Thanks for sharing.

And Tasjara: thanks for the candy! Yummy!

Journal Entry 31 by babelfisk at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Saturday, March 19, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (3/19/2011 UTC) at Jönköping, Småland Sweden

Now she's on her way home.

Journal Entry 32 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 22, 2011
IT'S BACK HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I'm going to pass this onto my sister next, Thank you all for participating in this ring!

Journal Entry 33 by Jonniboi at Woodlands Park in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (8/7/2012 UTC) at Woodlands Park in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Released this in Woodlands Park on one of the many benches!

I'm off to uni in September and I need to release most of my books, I hope they find good homes with people who will look after them very much. I have to make difficult decisions on which books to release, and I hope that I will come across another copy in the future!

Welcome to BookCrossing. Thanks for taking the time to visit the site. Please make a journal entry to let me know that you have found this book, you may do this anonymously or you may join.

If you are new to BookCrossing and choose to join, please indicate that you were referred by Jonniboi. Membership is free and your name and e-mail address is not shared with anyone else and it will never be sold. BookCrossing is a world-wide group of people who love books and wish to share them with others.

Please enjoy this book, if it is not your genre pass it along to someone else or wild release it. So that we can watch our book continue on its journey.

I look forward to hearing what you thought of the book when you've read it, and to seeing what happens to it next!

Journal Entry 34 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, August 17, 2012
Hello Jonniboi,

Just letting you know that my dad found this book the other day and picked it up for me to read. Having read everyones feedback I'm looking forward to reading this book, before setting it free again :)