The Stepmother

by Carrie Adams | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 12/27/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, December 27, 2009
Just registering this ready for reading.

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, May 02, 2010
I got this book in a pack of 2, by the same author. I din't realise it at the time, but I think the other one (The Godmother - which I haven't yet), should have been read 1st. Having said that though, this book works as a stand alone novel.

This book surprised me. I thought it was just a quick read chick lit book. But it had more depth to it than that and brought back lots of memories to me as I have been in a similar situation (with my boyfriends kids). There were some plot twists I didn't see coming either! I plan to release it next, to let someone else enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (5/4/2010 UTC) at A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I posted this off to MrsJones in USA today as a RABCK to grant a Wish on her list. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Journal Entry 4 by mrsjones from Hamilton, Ohio USA on Monday, May 10, 2010
Received this in the mail today. Thank you so much, Shahrun! I enjoyed "The Godmother" and am looking forward to reading this one by Carrie Adams, too.

Journal Entry 5 by mrsjones from Hamilton, Ohio USA on Saturday, May 22, 2010
I was enjoying the book, happily reading along, and then all of a sudden, Tessa King entered. That name sounded familiar. And then I realized that it was the same character from "The Godmother", a book I thoroughly enjoyed, so I was thrilled!

This book took us through all kinds of issues. I felt like I was reunited with old friends as Ben and Sasha and other characters from 'The Godmother' emerged. I liked the complexity of Amber and Bea's characters, but Tessa seemed almost too perfect, and James seemed a little too stereotypical. Still, I greatly enjoyed the book.

So now Carrie Adams has got to write the continuation. I'm guess Tessa needs to become The New Mother, or The Birthmother. I can't wait! Thanks again for sending this to me, Shahrun!

Journal Entry 6 by mrsjones at P&G in Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (9/29/2010 UTC) at P&G in Cincinnati, Ohio USA

Ivorydale location. In the Design loft in the Annex.