Voyager

by Diana Gabaldon | Romance |
Registered by HoserLauren of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 12/27/2009
Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, December 27, 2009
I received this from my mom's friend.

From Chapters:
From the author of the breathtaking bestsellers Outlander and Dragonfly in Amber, the extraordinary saga continues.

Their passionate encounter happened long ago by whatever measurement Claire Randall took. Two decades before, she had traveled back in time and into the arms of a gallant eighteenth-century Scot named Jamie Fraser. Then she returned to her own century to bear his child, believing him dead in the tragic battle of Culloden. Yet his memory has never lessened its hold on her... and her body still cries out for him in her dreams.

Then Claire discovers that Jamie survived. Torn between returning to him and staying with their daughter in her own era, Claire must choose her destiny. And as time and space come full circle, she must find the courage to face the passion and pain awaiting her...the deadly intrigues raging in a divided Scotland... and the daring voyage into the dark unknown that can reunite-or forever doom-her timeless love.

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, October 07, 2010
The third book in the Outlander series starts with Claire and her daughter Brianna tracking down what happened to Claire's husband Jaime. Claire left Jaime in Scotland in the 1700s after becoming pregnant with Brianna, travelling back to the 1960s after walking through a stone circle. Worried that Jaime may have died in the Battle of Culloden but soon finds out that that isn't the case and all signs point to Jaime being in Edinburgh.

Claire has to make the decision between her husband and her daughter, and chooses her husband. Travelling back through time Claire finds herself back in 1700 Scotland and quickly finds Jaime who is shocked to see her. They learn of what happened to each other over the 20 years since they last saw one another, and some things Claire isn't too sure she likes. Irregardless, the passion between the two is definitely still there.

Jaime works in Edinburgh as a smuggler of alcohol, which puts him working side-by-side with many shady characters. When his nephew is kidnapped, Claire and Jaime follow his trail all the way to the Caribbean to try and find him.

These books are hard to get through because they're so large! As much as I enjoy this series I always cringe at the thought of reading them because it takes me so long to read a 1000 page book. The story pulls you in right away though and there's just no denying the chemistry between Claire and Jaime!

I can't understand Claire's reasoning for leaving her daughter to go back to her husband. She didn't even seem to give it much thought. You would think that a mother always puts her children before herself but this seemed to me to be a very selfish decision, which bothered me through the entire book.

A great book though, and I'm looking forward to the next in the series which is like a new beginning, given the ending of this book!

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Second Cup - Lakeshore at Navy in Oakville, Ontario Canada on Sunday, March 13, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (3/13/2011 UTC) at Second Cup - Lakeshore at Navy in Oakville, Ontario Canada

Leaving this on the back window sill!

Journal Entry 4 by rockyhorror1978 at St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 10, 2011
Picked this book up today at the meetup since I have the first two books. Thanks for bringing and good to see you as always!