A Clockwork Orange

by Anthony Burgess | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by shewolffe of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 12/21/2009
Journal Entry 1 by shewolffe from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 21, 2009
For my NSSFC buddie x

Released 9 yrs ago (12/21/2009 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wyldetwo from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, December 26, 2009
Yet another book from my lovely Secreta Santa parcel - thanks Lois!

Released 9 yrs ago (2/14/2010 UTC) at Urban Coffee Company, Church St in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Released this afternoon at the Book Dating event in aid of the charity LUCIA.

Plsease let us know what you think of this book and what you are going to do with it next!

Journal Entry 5 by AliceF from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, February 15, 2010
Picked up at the "book dating" charity event for Lucia.

Tried to read it in my teens, but couldn't manage the glossary... so sincerely planning to have another go.

"What we were after ... was lashings of ultra-violence." In Anthony Burgess' infamous nightmare vision of youth culture in revolt, fifteen-year-old Alex and his friends set out on a diabolical orgy of robbery, rape, torture and murder. Alex is jailed for his teenage delinquency and the State tries to reform him - but at what cost? Burgess writes of social prophecy and free will in this black comedy.

Released 9 yrs ago (10/2/2010 UTC) at 2010 Swindon Unconvention, Jury's Inn Hotel in Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Released at the Magic UnConvention (but only because I've obtained another nice copy to keep/read).

Journal Entry 7 by Beqi at Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 03, 2010
Picked up at the uncon this weekend. I've sen the film so I thought I'd give the book a go... Many thanks!

Journal Entry 8 by Beqi at Forest Cafe OBCZ in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (2/12/2011 UTC) at Forest Cafe OBCZ in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Taking along to the Salcey Forest meet on Saturday 12th February from 12.30 onwards. If not taken by another bookcrosser it could end up on the shelf in the cafe or wild released in the forest :-)

Journal Entry 9 by retromonkey at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 13, 2011
I fancy reading this and then watching the film (as it's a classic!)