Tuesdays with Morrie: an Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson

by Mitch Albom | Humor |
Registered by alsomama of Seattle, Washington USA on 6/22/2003
Journal Entry 1 by alsomama from Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, June 22, 2003
This is the emotional story of a young man who returns regularly to visit and learn from his old professor who is dying of ALS. Among the lessons taught are: "Love each other or perish." "There is no experience like having children." "Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live." Yes, these aphorisms can be found on the cover of any supermarket tabloid, but they sound better when interspersed with news of the O.J. Simpson trial and background on the lives of both men. This is not the profound book I had been led to expect, but it's a quick, touching read.

Released on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 at Sleepers In Seattle in Seattle, Washington USA.

Leaving this on the sofa table at the entrance to Sleepers In Seattle, 4741 California Avenue SW in West Seattle sometime today. Find it with a few other books released before. First come, first served!

Journal Entry 3 by alsomama from Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, July 09, 2003
Sending this one to Ella-Mae as part of the Pay it Forward project. First time I've participated. Fun!

Journal Entry 4 by Ella-Mae from Sudbury, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, July 16, 2003
I recieved this book today - thank you alsomama! I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 5 by Ella-Mae from Sudbury, Ontario Canada on Friday, October 31, 2003
This book is quick to read but you have to be in a pensive mood to enjoy it. Filled with some very important life lessons.

Journal Entry 6 by Ella-Mae from Sudbury, Ontario Canada on Friday, October 31, 2003
I'm mailing this book out tomorrow to fellow bookcrosser "Gyd" all the way in Spain! Enjoy.

Journal Entry 7 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Thursday, November 13, 2003
Received, safe & sound, thanks Ella-Mae :) (in fact the book arrived on Monday, but I couldnt go to the Post Office till today).
I'll read it asap.

Journal Entry 8 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Tuesday, March 16, 2004
I'm not sure what I was expecting but it was something else (maybe too short? I've been left with the sensation that I hardly know the two characters in the book, but maybe that's just me ...).

It will keep on moving pretty soon, this time to MaaikeB in Netherlands.

Journal Entry 9 by MaaikeB from Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Monday, April 05, 2004
Thank you so much, gyd. I was a bit depressed this morning, just one of those days, nothing serious, until your surprise package arrived. You made my day: a book that was on my wishlist, an envelope filled with beautiful stamps and a very nice bookmark! It felt like Christmas in April.

Journal Entry 10 by MaaikeB from Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Tuesday, April 06, 2004
Well, that was a quick read indeed! Started yesterday night and finished it two hours later. It was a very sweet book, but I had expected more. It doesn't hurt to read a book like this now and then, though, as it invariably makes you think about your own life and whether you're still on the right track. Well, of course there are a lot of improvements to be made! Anyway, thanks for making this book available to me, Gyd!

Journal Entry 11 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, April 10, 2004
Now isn't that something: a few weeks ago dutch-flybaby sent me the Dutch translation of this book, when she learnt that my mother is terminally ill. I read it, I found it wonderful, very comforting. My mother is reading it now.
And today, at our meet-up, I stumbled upon the original book, which I will read, which will then go to either dutch-flybaby or to sarana, who had it first but who decided to give it to me after I begged for it, with a puppy look in my eyes. I understand this copy came from Spain!

Journal Entry 12 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, June 12, 2004
Thank you, Sarana, for giving me the chance to read it again, in English. I believe the translation was very good indeed.
Now this copy will go either back to Sarana or first to Dutch-flybaby. I don't remember clearly. We will work this out at the meet-up!

Journal Entry 13 by dutch-flybabe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, June 13, 2004
Biba89 handed me the book today at the bookcrossing meeting at the beach in Castricum. I hope that's ok with you Sarana. I'll try to read this book soon, but first I have a couple of bookringbooks to read. Will journal again when finished.

Journal Entry 14 by dutch-flybabe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, December 25, 2007
I have read this book in dutch sometime ago and wanted to read it in the original language as well (because some nuances often get lost in translation). At first I just kept on reading chapter after chapter, but found that what I read did not sink in very much. So I started reading just one subject/tuesday at a time. After I finished reading this book I feel I want to read the book again and maybe talk about every subject with my husband or a friend. I'm thinking about asking alsomama if I can keep this book as pc for a while so I can reread it.
After the new year I'll be mailing this book to sarana. I don't want it to get lost in the christmas mail or be destroyed when vandals throw fireworks in the mailbox somewhere.

25-12-2007: received a message from alsomama that it's ok to keep the book pc for a while. Will be released again at some point.

Released 11 yrs ago (1/3/2008 UTC) at Main postoffice in Ede, Gelderland, Netherlands -- Controlled Releases

This book is ready to be mailed to sarana. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 16 by sarana from Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, January 06, 2008
I received the book in the mail, thanks dutch-flybabe, also for the nice card :) I'll send it back to you when I'm finished.