My Judy Garland Life

by Susie Boyt | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by Lisagt of Holsworthy, New South Wales Australia on 12/10/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Lisagt from Holsworthy, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, December 10, 2009
For anyone who's ever held a candle to a star...

Journal Entry 2 by Lisagt at Hammondville, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, December 10, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (12/10/2009 UTC) at Hammondville, New South Wales Australia

Sending to lmn60 as it's on her wishlist. ENJOY!!!!!!

Journal Entry 3 by winglmn60wing from Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Thursday, December 24, 2009
Thank you sooooo much for this wishlist Secret Santa-ish gift Lisa! I promise I'll hold my candle high to the incomparable Judy...and let you know what I think of this one!

Journal Entry 4 by winglmn60wing at Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Saturday, September 28, 2019
What an odd book - not at all what I expected. Still, I enjoyed it quite a lot. Boyd meshes her meditations on Judy Garland with her own autobiography - to a pleasing effect. Not really a biography or an autobiography - this one is its own creature.
I'll take this along to meetup to see if it tickles any other bookcrosser's fancy - or release it to continue its journey

Journal Entry 5 by winglmn60wing at Cargo Restaurant in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, September 28, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (9/29/2019 UTC) at Cargo Restaurant in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, lmn60, as your referring member. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by wingJean-Solwing at Docklands, Victoria Australia on Sunday, September 29, 2019
Never heard of it but sounds intriguing. I'll give it a go!