When Christmas Comes (Mira Hardbacks)

by Debbie Macomber | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0778320901 Global Overview for this book
Registered by LyzzyBee of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 12/7/2009
Journal Entry 1 by LyzzyBee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, December 07, 2009
Picked up at the Red Cross charity shop today - will read over Christmas and share with other DM-lovers!

Journal Entry 2 by LyzzyBee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, December 14, 2009
Another DM Christmas find! This story, about a house swap over the festive period that threatens to go very wrong indeed, is ever so sweet and more believable (well, has more depth and varied characters) than the other two I just read. Heartwarming stories and the usual gentle humour.

I'm going to send this on a BookRing but start it off with Nordie as I'm seeing her this evening and I'm pretty sure she won't have read this one.

Released 10 yrs ago (12/14/2009 UTC) at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

This book is being released for the Never Judge A Book By Its Cover release challenge 2009 Week 50: Primary Colours. The cover has a RED bow. This is release # 1.

Welcome to BookCrossing. Thanks for taking the time to visit the site. Please make a journal entry to let me know that you have found this book, you may do this anonymously or you may join. There is no charge to join this site, if you are like myself from time to time you may donate to help support Bookcrossing; but it is not mandatory. If you are new to BookCrossing and choose to join, please indicate that you were referred by LyzzyBee. Membership is free and your name and e-mail address is not shared with anyone else and it will never be sold. BookCrossing is a world-wide group of people who love books and wish to share them with others.

Please enjoy this book, if it is not your genre pass it along to someone else or wild release it. In this way we promote literacy and at the same time we can watch our book continue on its journey.

I look forward to hearing what you thought of the book when you've read it, and to seeing what happens to it next!

Journal Entry 4 by nordie from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, December 14, 2009
Handed over this evening by Lyzzybee, thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by nordie from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, December 17, 2009
Usual sweet Macomber romance, where a number of mishaps and misunderstandings mean that people are where they shouldn't be, but end up having a much needed change of Christmas routines. Meanwhile they meet new people and fall in love

Putting to Reserved, awaiting the organisation of the bookring, which I suspect will contain many, if not all of the usual suspects!

Journal Entry 6 by LyzzyBee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, December 21, 2009
BookRing!

Rules:

1. Journal the book when you receive it
2. Try to read it and send it on within 1 month
3. PM the next reader and send it to them - make a release or journal entry on the book so we can all see its status
4. If you have any problems reading the book in time or getting hold of the next reader, please PM me or use the email address on my profile!

PARTICIPANTS:

Nordie
Inver Scotland (anywhere)
Katisha50 UK (anywhere)
Nancynova US-PA (anywhere)
Maranlin Canada (anywhere)
Purplerosebud UK (UK - at the end) <----- it's here!

RAY NOW ENDED - feel free to pass it on however you like!

Journal Entry 7 by nordie at ~ An Exchange!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (12/29/2009 UTC) at ~ An Exchange!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Released onto Inver today

Journal Entry 8 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, December 31, 2009
Arrived this morning via the postie trundling through the everlasting snow...very appropriate given the type of book he was delivering...lol. Will get started this one ASAP. Thanks again Liz for starting these bookrings.

Journal Entry 9 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, January 07, 2010
First book of the year read. An easy read if a bit 'twee and cheesy' at times. Four individuals end up doing something different from the normal for Christmas, two friends and two brothers. Two swap houses for the holiday and one decides to surprise her daughter for Christmas, but plans back fire. Another turns up to surprise her friend to find she has gone elsewhere for the holiday. Amid all the mix ups and misundertandings romance is in the air. Touch of humour about it too, very lighthearted feel good read, if a bit predictable.

Have Katisha50 address....will venture out in the snow soon to get it posted!!

==========================================

Posted off 12/1/10 to Katisha50

Journal Entry 10 by wingKatisha50wing from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Arrived about 10 days ago but RL has been in the way of an early JE, sorry!

Will be starting it later this evening when I finish the current read.

Journal Entry 11 by wingKatisha50wing from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, January 30, 2010
Finished yesterday. Very easy read, totally predictable, but none the worse for that. Posted off to the states this afternoon.

Journal Entry 12 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, February 08, 2010
Arrived today. I know these are easy, breezy reads! Added to the TBR ray shelf. Thank you! I will j/e again when I start reading. Lots of snow outside, so it has the right ambience, if not the right holiday!

Journal Entry 13 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, February 12, 2010
typical Debbie romantic comedy. Emily wants to surprise her college daughter for Christmas, and Charles wants to get away from Christmas - so they agree to swap houses. But Faith, Emily's friend arrives at Emily's to find Charles there, Ray is dispatched by his Mom to find out who the female is that's in Charles' house and the college daughter takes off for Florida with the wrong guy for her. Hijinks all around, and of course everyone falls in love (with the right person, of course) in the end.

PM'd the next reader for her address.

Journal Entry 14 by wingNancyNovawing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, February 15, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/16/2010 UTC) at Burlington, Ontario Canada

Light easy ray. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 15 by wingMaranlinwing from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, February 22, 2010
Arrived on this snowy day safe and sound! Thanks. LyzzyBee for sharing.

Journal Entry 16 by wingMaranlinwing at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Thursday, March 18, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (3/18/2010 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

Mailed to purplerosebud in the U.K. Hope you enjoy the book as much as I did!
Released for the 2010 Oh, the Places We Can Go Challenge.

Journal Entry 17 by purplerosebud from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 28, 2010
Arrived safely, many thanks for sending. Now living with me for a while LyzzyBee.

Journal Entry 18 by calalilly at Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 28, 2011
Passed onto me by Purplerosebud as she knows I enjoy reading books by Debbie Macomber. I might leave this to nearer Christmas until I read it.