Startling Moon

by Liu Hong | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Dancesports of Petcheys Bay, Tasmania Australia on 12/3/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Dancesports from Petcheys Bay, Tasmania Australia on Thursday, December 03, 2009
An excerpt from the back cover:

"Startling Moon looks back to a part ofrich but suppressed tradition, and forward to a very different China. Above all, it is the sotry of taotao's quest to know her own heart: of the joys and responsibilities of friendship, the first pain of love, and the blossoming of a passion which will lead her to risk all that she hold dear."

I enjoyed this book - a tale of growing up.

Journal Entry 2 by Dancesports at Australia Post, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (12/22/2009 UTC) at Australia Post, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

sent on to ApoloniaX - part of Asian book box

Journal Entry 3 by wingApoloniaXwing from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Monday, March 15, 2010
Arrived in the mail today, thank you Dancesports!
And thanks for the wishlist book that came along with it, and the lovely calendar!!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Thursday, July 15, 2010
This is a very interesting book, written in an engaging style, from a child’s, then youth’s and young adult’s point of view. It gives great insights into what it was like to grow up during the Cultural Revolution and describes life in Communist China with all the social and political changes happening at the time, i.e. 1970 to 1989 – the Red Guards, Mao’s death, the Tiananmen Square massacre. Geographically the plot is moving far, from a north-eastern province close to the Korean border to a city at the Yangtze river, then to Inner Mongolia and to Beijing. Recommendable.

Journal Entry 5 by wingApoloniaXwing at Global Village, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 16, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (7/16/2010 UTC) at Global Village, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Surprise book from the Global Village VBB draw!
Not the one you entered for, sorry, but I think you'll like it...
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by sing-on-a-star at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Thursday, July 22, 2010
Thanks for the surprise book ApoloniaX! Not an author I've read before and I'm really looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 7 by sing-on-a-star at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Monday, November 15, 2010
I agree, a very engaging book and beuatifully written. I love novels that draw you in with their wonderfully descriptive prose and also share social commentary. This book delivers on both counts and is highly recommendable.

Journal Entry 8 by sing-on-a-star at Secret Santa, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Thursday, November 18, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (11/19/2010 UTC) at Secret Santa, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sending to my Secret Santa partner. I saw this on your wishlist....enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by mafarrimond at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, December 27, 2010
My secret santa gift chosen from my wishlist. Thank you so much!!