Sideways Stories from Wayside School

by LOUIS SACHAR | Children's Books |
Registered by wingghirwing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 12/1/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingghirwing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, December 01, 2009
To hakkalina for wishlist.

Journal Entry 2 by hakkalina from Budapest, Pest Hungary on Friday, December 18, 2009
Oh, my God!
A Sideways story!
How long I have waited for it :)
Ghir, this is a big SURPRISE!
I feel as if I have a Birthday! But not yet.
It is almost Christmas so I will put them (ops my tongue tripped :)) under the Christmas tree.
So be it! I got an another wishlist book "I was a Rat" and a Newbery book The Wish Giver :)), and the books were accomponied with a 2010 Hawaii calendar and a yummy chocholate
Thanks so much.
----<<--{@

Update: 2010.05.27
What a silly stories!! Although some of them contain good thoughts, and lessons about the life game, nevertheless it is so starnge! :) Thanks ghir to share this book with me! :))

Journal Entry 3 by hakkalina at Budapest, Pest Hungary on Thursday, May 27, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (5/27/2010 UTC) at Budapest, Pest Hungary

My Monthly Spoiling Surprise Rabck Challenge 2010
May Winner

The book is flying to a kind Bookcrosser who also like children's books, so this time I surprised her with this strange silly book :))

Journal Entry 4 by KJSkye at Hengelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, May 31, 2010
Wow! Hakkalina, you certainly surprised me with a big parcel of lovely things! 3 books, 2 sheets of stickers, a kitten calendar, an audiobook, a postcard, a cute bookstring, lovely sweet bars which are possibly chocolate, (I will eat them later), chocolate raisins and some fruit tea. You are the best!

I forgot to include the bookstring in the photo of everything, so here it is below!

Amazon Editorial Review
A Crazy Mixed-up School.
There'd been a terrible mistake. Wayside School was supposed to be built with thirty classrooms one on top of the other...thirty stories tall! (The builder said he was very sorry.)
That may be why all kinds of funny things happen at Wayside SChool...especially on the thirteenth floor. You'll meet Mrs. Gorf, the meanest teacher of all, terrible Todd, who always gets sent home early, and John who can read only upside down--along with all the other kids in the crazy mix-up school that came out sideways. But you'll never guess the truth about Sammy, the new kid...or what's in store for Wayside School on Halloween!
There was a terrible mistake-Wayside School was built with one classroom on top of another, thirty stories high! (The builder said he was sorry.) Maybe that's why all kinds of funny things happened at Wayside-especially on the thirteenth floor.

Journal Entry 5 by KJSkye at Hengelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, February 18, 2011
This is a book of complete nonsense! It made me laugh a few times, but I am not going to be reading this book to my children. I will ask chamonix44 if she wants to read it.

Journal Entry 6 by KJSkye at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, February 18, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (2/18/2011 UTC) at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands

I am at chamonix44's house now and I have given her the book. I hope she likes it!

Journal Entry 7 by wingchamonix44wing at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, February 18, 2011
Thank you KJSkye! I will start reading this book later today. I'm curious now after reading what you and hakkalina said about it.

Amazon Editorial Review
A Crazy Mixed-up School.

Journal Entry 8 by wingchamonix44wing at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, February 19, 2011
Crazy stories! I suppose they could be enjoyable to children, because they like nonsense things! To give you an example one story is called 'Sharie'
It says that Sharie had long eyelashes and that she weighed only 49 pounds. However, she always wore a big red and blue overcoat with a hood and the weight of this coat was apparently included in the 49 pounds. Then it goes on to say that the red part of the coat weighed 15 pounds and the blue part also weighed 15 pounds and the hood weighed 5 pounds and her eyelashes weighed 1½ pounds! So by my reckoning that left her weighing only 12½ pounds....lol....and she was at school! Can you imagine a 12½ pound child at school?!! Anyway Sharie was asleep by the window, and she actually fell out of the window! (Well, if she only weighed 12½ pounds I imagine she was BLOWN out of the window)! Anyway she fell 20 floors, (which infant school has 20 floors? It says in the review that the school had 30 floors!), and someone saw her falling from the window and rushed across the playground to catch her before she hit the ground. Then she woke up in his arms and asked him why he woke her up! Strange author! Oh well....each to his own!

Journal Entry 9 by wingchamonix44wing at Albert Heijn in Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, March 25, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (3/25/2011 UTC) at Albert Heijn in Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands

Friday 25th March 2011. A lovely bright and warmish day. I went to Almelo town centre to meet my friend Pam for coffee. First I went into the Albert Heijn supermarket to buy something and I left this book on the packing table at the front of the shop. It has a bright green post-it note on the front cover saying "Free Book" in both Dutch and English. I hope someone will see it and take it home with them!
Good Luck little book!

If you are the lucky person who found it, then I would be very happy if you could leave a message here to say where you found the book. Thank you! I hope you enjoy it.

If you are reading here, then I want to tell you that this is a. FREE . book, and there are no catches! It is now yours! Please read on.....
If you are the finder of this book it would be nice if you could leave a message here to say that you have it. Do not worry because I don't want the book back. It is yours to keep if you want it. I just want to know it is now in safe hands.
Hello and congratulations!
You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join. If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me,
chamonix44. (or any journaller before me), as your referring member.

Release Challenges:
This book was released as part of the following challenge, (from the BookCrossing Release Challenges forum):
Keep Them Moving 2011 Release Challenge January - April