The Fall Of A Sparrow

by Robert Hellenga | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingmarmee463wing of Templestowe, Victoria Australia on 11/29/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingmarmee463wing from Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Sunday, November 29, 2009
I need to reduce Mt TBR so will release this shortly.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmarmee463wing at Degani in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Thursday, August 12, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (8/12/2010 UTC) at Degani in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

Will release this on to the pile of Bookcrossing books on the bench on the right as you enter the cafe.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmeganhwing at Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Sunday, August 15, 2010
This didn't quite make it to the pile of books as I snavelled it up. Could be an interesting read.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmeganhwing at Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Thursday, October 24, 2013
Three years after picking this up, I finally took it off my shelf for a themed release in Queenstown. Decided I had to read a bit first and got hooked on the story. The story of an American student who was killed in the Bologna Train Station bombing and the effect it had on her family. A family who went from being close broke apart in the tragedy. The story is mainly told from the perspective of the father, Woody, who is a classics professor in a small university. His wife deals with her daughter's death by having her marriage dissolved and entering a convent, his two other daughters struggle on to come to terms with Cookies death, and Woody is so absorbed by her death that he becomes a witness in the case and ends up in Bologna where his life eventually starts anew.
Very well written.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmeganhwing at Thornbury Bowls Club in Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (2/8/2014 UTC) at Thornbury Bowls Club in Thornbury, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -
Lucky You! You have found a travelling book.
If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to browse through the site as there is plenty to discover in this free and anonymous community.
The idea is to connect people through books and I assure you, it can be fun.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Monday, May 16, 2016
I picked this book up from the small Library at Thornbury Bowls Club, intrigued by the concept of both the book and the Travelling Book project. I found myself looking forward to reading it each day on my own travel, back and forward to work on the tram. The characters and the way it was written were warm, funny and an insightful. As a death in a family can so often bring out the best and the worst in those it touches, this story gave us an intimate view of how each of the characters dealt with their own grief and ultimately come to terms with it. Highly recommended.