Fadeout

by Joseph Hansen | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingthegoaliegirlwing of Vancouver, Washington USA on 11/28/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Vancouver, Washington USA on Saturday, November 28, 2009
Thank you for finding this book and welcome to bookcrossing! Bookcrossing is a wonderful place to share your love of reading with people all over the world. You can remain anonymous but if you do, you won't be able to get notification each time someone else journals this book. Following this books travels is very fun. Again, welcome to bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 2 by KateKintail from Burke, Virginia USA on Tuesday, December 08, 2009
Thank you so much for the HGG RABCK! There was another package at the post office and a LONG line I had to wait in to get to the counter. So I opened this book and got through the first chapter & a half. It was a great way to pass the time and I'm already warming up to the main character. I'd forgotten I'd put this one on my wish list, but I'm so glad I did because I'm liking it so far.

Thank you for sending it my way and happy holidays!

Journal Entry 3 by KateKintail at Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, December 12, 2010
Hmm. It took me forever to get through this book. It just didn't grab me, and I kept getting sidetracked by other books (not a good sign).

Dave Brandsetter was a good main character, but I didn't feel like I really got to know him apart from the main points. I must asmit about halfway through, the story started to pick up and the mystery of what happened to Olson picked up. But it wasn't really a book I thought about after I put it down. It was certainly good and interesting, just not the gripping mystery/investigation I had hoped for.

Journal Entry 4 by KateKintail at emmejo's LGBTQ+ bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (3/30/2015 UTC) at emmejo's LGBTQ+ bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sending this off in emmejo's LGBTQ+ bookbox.

I hope it finds a new, loving reader!

Journal Entry 5 by wingemmejowing at Trumansburg, New York USA on Monday, April 06, 2015
This arrived in the LGBTQ+ bookbox. I'm not a big mystery fan, but maybe this will grab me better than it did for its previous reader.

Journal Entry 6 by wingemmejowing at Trumansburg, New York USA on Thursday, August 20, 2015
Dave Branstetter is a grieving insurance investigator just getting back on the job after losing his partner. At first glance, Fox Olson seems to have had the prefect life, and a tragic accident must have been at fault for his disappearance and his car washing up downriver. But Brandsetter isn't so sure, something isn't adding up, and he begins his investigation into the darker moments and long-hidden secrets of Olson's past despite strong pushback from his friends and family.

This was a quick, entertaining that I finished in a couple hours. I liked the characters and eventually the plot got me caught up in the action, but it was a rough start and i didn't really like the author's writing style. It was both a little too dramatic and too obvious. The dialogue and interactions feel too stilted and arranged. I was always very aware of this being a fictional work and the author's voice was a little too strong, overwhelming my ability to focus on the mystery at hand.

Journal Entry 7 by wingemmejowing at Trumansburg, New York USA on Thursday, September 17, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (9/17/2015 UTC) at Trumansburg, New York USA

Journal Entry 8 by Greyflank at Brick, New Jersey USA on Saturday, October 03, 2015
I like your tastes in books. I think I'll snag this.

And plug my story BROOKLYN BLACKIE AND THE UNAPPETIZING MENU which features a bisexual wolf set in a 40's era setting of an alternate Earth.

http://furplanet.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=811 INHUMAN ACTS.

Journal Entry 9 by Greyflank at Brick, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, October 21, 2015
A damn fine mystery in the 50's I think. Certainly, before cell phones. Maybe before Korean war. When they say The War, they mean WWII. It was a heavily complicated mystery with a doubly good backstories. The complications are all really about feelings, however. No complicated schemes going on.

Wonderfully educational for me as I plan to write more of my bisexual detective in almost the same time period.

I like this character. I would like to read more.

Journal Entry 10 by Greyflank at Emcon FM Bookshelf in Brick, New Jersey USA on Thursday, November 19, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (11/19/2015 UTC) at Emcon FM Bookshelf in Brick, New Jersey USA

This is a Memorial Release For Teddy Sexton.

Teddy passed away July 24, 2012. Since then, I've given myself the job of spreading the books he left behind as if they were his ashes. Not all of the books I'm releasing during this time were his; but the bulk have been. I still have many, many of his books left to share.

Adding to the Bookshelf at work.

To the finder of this book, please enjoy it. Please share it with someone. Please help it travel. Thanks!

Released 2 yrs ago (9/17/2017 UTC) at Sent to a Fellow Bookcrosser! in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Hawaii USA

Into the LGBT bookbox this goes~!

Journal Entry 12 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 15, 2017
Taken from emmejo's LGBTQ+ box with thanks.

Adding the cover image now that I know how. :)

Journal Entry 13 by winghyphen8wing at McCully-Mo'ili'ili Library in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, April 29, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (4/28/2018 UTC) at McCully-Mo'ili'ili Library in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Saturday, April 28, 2018: left on the freebie table at the McCully-Mōʻiliʻili library. (Larger photo here.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let this book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!