The Titian Committee

by Iain Pears | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by YowlYY on 11/28/2009
Journal Entry 1 by YowlYY on Saturday, November 28, 2009
From the back cover:

When Louis Masterson, a member of the famous Titian Committee, is found stabbed to death in a Venetian public garden, General Bottando of Rome's Art Theft Squad sends Flavia di Stefano to Venice to assist the local carabinieri. But it seems they don't want her help or expertise, and are convinced a Sicilian mugger is responsible for the killing.
Flavia has other ideas and calls upon the services of English art historian Jonathan Argyll, who is in Venice to buy a picture from the Marchesa di Mulino's collection. When another member of the committee is found dead and the Marchesa's collection is stolen, Flavia and Argyll follow a tortuous trail to unearth the truth behind both the killings and the theft. In the process, not only do they stumble across another murder, but come close to unravelling a mystery from Titian's own life.

Sounds good, doesn't it?

Journal Entry 2 by YowlYY on Saturday, November 28, 2009
I wasn't getting along with a bookring, so I opted for something safer, which I know I will enjoy :) I am already on p.68, and so far the body count is #1...

Journal Entry 3 by YowlYY on Wednesday, December 09, 2009
As good as expected :)
I didn't realise at the start that it must be one of the first mysteries featuring Flavia and Jonathan when they were just friends... I wonder if the next book (The Bernini Bust) is where their relationship starts?

Journal Entry 4 by Hayes13 from Roma, Lazio Italy on Saturday, January 16, 2010
This lovely thing arrived this morning, thank you! I have the first as well (this is #2 I believe). I have a mountain of things to read... don't know when I will get to it!!

Journal Entry 5 by Hayes13 at Roma, Lazio Italy on Saturday, February 04, 2012
And over two years later have just finished #1 and I am finally reading this!

I will find an appropriate place for release (or RABCK, or something). Perhaps the Mystery VBB!

Journal Entry 6 by Hayes13 at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Monday, April 02, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (4/5/2012 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

For Round Seven of Tea & Mystery Sweepstakes...

mwa-hahahaha!

Journal Entry 7 by gunmarga at Hörby, Skåne Sweden on Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Thank you Hayes13. Two books and tea and a bottlething. So kind of you.

Edit: The story that takes place in Venice makes many locations recognized if you had been there. Just that I think is good. Everything is very well described and it feels like I'm back in place. Flavia succeed once again to come up with clever comments and observations that make murders solved. Admittedly she is not alone in this, but it feels as she's the one with the most direct reflections. Regarding the certificate of lineside marker of authenticity, there are certainly many fake ones outside the book world. Money can make people act unjustly.

Journal Entry 8 by gunmarga at Ekologihuset in Lund, Skåne Sweden on Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (10/26/2016 UTC) at Ekologihuset in Lund, Skåne Sweden

Hyllan för lämna/hämta böcker. Till dig som hittar boken säger jag: "Tack för att du tog hand om boken. Skriv gärna en kommentar. Anonymt eller som medlem. Det är gratis. Din e-mail lämnas aldrig ut. Du får inte spam. Du hittar många bokintresserade och det finns forum, både skandinaviskt och internationella att prata på. Om du undrar över något så skicka gärna ett PM (personal message) till mig och fråga. Lycka till och Trevlig läsning.
Håll böckerna i rörelse sept-dec utmaningen 2016

Journal Entry 9 by Sitta at Lund, Skåne Sweden on Thursday, October 27, 2016
Sounds like an interesting read, so I brought it home with me.....May take some time before I get the time, but I plan to read it!