The Skeleton Man

by Jim Kelly | Children's Books |
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 11/26/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 26, 2009
For seventeen years the Cambridgeshire hamlet of Jude's Ferry has lain abandoned, requisitioned by the Ministry of Defence for military training in 1990. The isolated, 1,000 year-old community was famous for one thing - never having recorded a single crime.

But when local reporter Philip Dryden joins the Territorial Army on exercise in the empty village, its spotless history is literally blown apart. For the TA's shells expose a hidden cellar beneath the old pub. And inside the cellar hangs a skeleton, a noose around its neck...

Two days later, a man is pulled from the reeds in the river near Ely - he has no idea who he is or how he got there. But he knows the words "Jude's Ferry" are important - and he knows he is afraid ...

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 22, 2010
A rather creepy tale of the shocking parochialism sometimes found in the area the novel is set in. However, I found this book didn't hold my attention quite as well as previous novels in the series. I think Mr Kelly has taken his main characters as far as they will go and I suspect he felt the same as I believe he has two new main characters in his next effort entitled "Death Wore White".

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, October 11, 2010
This book is now on the Mystery & Thriller VBB at bcuk extra.

Journal Entry 4 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 13, 2010
Selected from the VBB and needs to be posted to Calalily.

Journal Entry 5 by wingTanamowing at Emsworth, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 29, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (11/29/2010 UTC) at Emsworth, Hampshire United Kingdom

Mailed to Marlene/Calalily who selected this book from the Mystery/Thriller VBB at bcuk extra.

Journal Entry 6 by calalilly at Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 01, 2011
Sorry Tanamo that I have only just got around to doing the journal saying that I'd received this book. Will be adding it to my mountain but I think it will soar to the top quite quickly.