I Wish Someone Were Waiting for Me Somewhere

by Anna Gavalda | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Niora of Ranco, Lombardia Italy on 11/25/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Niora from Ranco, Lombardia Italy on Wednesday, November 25, 2009
(Je voudrais que qyelqy'un m'attende quelque part, 1999 and Je l'amais, 2002)

From the back cover:

I Wish Someone Were Waiting for Me Somewhere explores how a life can be changed irrevocably in just one fateful moment. A pregnant mother's plans for the future unravel at the hospital; a travelling salesman learns the consequences of an almost-missed exit on the motorway in the newspaper the next morning; while a perfect date is spoilt by a single act of thoughtlessness. In those crucial moments Gavalda demonstrates her almost magical skill in conveying love, lust, longing and loneliness.

Someone I Loved is a hauntingly intimate look at the intolerably painful, yet sometimes valuable effects that adultery can have on a marriage and the individuals involved. A simple tale, yet long in substance, Someone I Loved ends like most great love affairs, forever leaving you wanting just one more moment.

A paperback in good condition found in the book-exchange shelf of the local public library. I'm planning to send it out as a RABCK.

Journal Entry 2 by Niora at A Controlled Release, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 18, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (3/18/2010 UTC) at A Controlled Release, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Will be mailed today to the US as a surprise wishlist RABCK. Happy trails!

Journal Entry 3 by sweetsangria from Clackamas, Oregon USA on Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Thank you so much Niora!!! I found this wonderful surprise in my mailbox. My birthday was a few days ago so this is kind of like a Happy Birthday to me:) Very excited to read this.

Released 7 yrs ago (12/14/2011 UTC) at Phil's 1500 subs in the Safeway shopping center in Forest Grove, Oregon USA

Left on bookshelf by front door.