Enigma

by Robert Harris | History | This book has not been rated.
Registered by aetm of Austin, Texas USA on 11/23/2009
Journal Entry 1 by aetm from Austin, Texas USA on Monday, November 23, 2009
One review from Amazon's readers for this book:

"Robert Harris has done it again, after the triumph of Fatherland he has written another masterpiece thriller about the British codebreakers during The Battle of the Atlantic. Harris's hero Tom Jericho is a great mathematician and codebreaker at Bletchley Park who is out of the game due to a nervous breakdown, but is called back to Bletchley Park when the Allies find out that the Germans have changed their codes all of a sudden. The reason Jericho is called back is that since he broke the Germans's code last time, his superiors think he can do it again, but there is another element that puzzles Jericho: The girl he was having a relationship with, Claire Rommily, has stolen some cryptograms and disappeared into thin air! Suddenly the Forign Office begin an investigation on her, is there a spy in Bletchley Park? Jericho (with the help of Claire's housemate Hester Wallace) intends to find out just that. It would be a crime for me to give away any more. One of the things I loved the best in this book is Tom Jericho's character, he is a normal human being. Not Superman (as some of my favourite authors tend to do, Tom Clancy, Frederick Forsyth, Robert Ludlum etc.). He is not particularly good looking(although I hear that Dougray Scott has been cast as him), suave or strong. I believe that with this book, Harris has proved himself to be the succesor to John LeCarre in passing on moral messages without actually writing them out loud! Please continue to delight us Mr. Harris!"

A book I would have wanted to read. But while moving from Ireland to Texas, books are heavy.. sigh

Journal Entry 2 by aetm at Cork, Co. Cork Ireland on Monday, November 23, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (11/24/2009 UTC) at Cork, Co. Cork Ireland

To LadySuse for wild or other appropriate releasing - while I'm going to Texas :)

Safe journey little book - I hope you'll make mny new friends on your travels!

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)

Journal Entry 3 by LadySuse at Apple Computers in Cork, Co. Cork Ireland on Friday, June 01, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (6/1/2012 UTC) at Apple Computers in Cork, Co. Cork Ireland

Book release in kitchen area near Finance/Order Management/Logistics.

Please leave a note so everyone can see, where this book travels. Thanks.