Agatha Raisin and the Day the Floods Came (Agatha Raisin 12)

by M.C. Beaton | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingmissmarkeywing of Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 11/21/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingmissmarkeywing from Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 21, 2009
This book is going to Chamonix44 as part of the Holiday Gift Giving. Hope you enjoy it and Happy Christmas.

Journal Entry 2 by wingchamonix44wing from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, December 05, 2009
What a wonderful surprise! Thank you so much MissMarkey for this Agatha Raisin book that I know I will enjoy. It was wrapped in such nice paper that I wasn't sure if I was supposed to wait until Christmas to open it or not! Thanks also for sending it in one of those really strong bookcrossing envelopes. They are so handy and easy to re-use. I really appreciate this rabck for the Holiday Gift Giving season.

Amazon Editorial Review:
Crankier than ever, Agatha Raisin wants to forget that her husband left her to enter a monastery-a turn of affairs more humiliating than when she caught him with a mistress. She feels abandoned, fat, frumpy, and absolutely furious.

What are her options? She takes an island vacation and joins a Pilates class. But what finally lifts her spirits is finding a corpse. The dead girl is a member of Agatha's exercise class, afloat in a rain-swollen river, dressed in a bridal gown, and clutching a wedding bouquet. Agatha's policeman friend Bill Wong suggests she leave this macabre murder to the Worcester CID. Pah! What do they know? Once she enlists the aid of the bachelor mystery writer next door, puts on a disguise, and interviews some likely suspects, Agatha will be her brash, redoubtable self again- unless she becomes the killer's next victim first...

Journal Entry 3 by wingchamonix44wing at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Wednesday, December 16, 2020
I can hardly believe that I have had this great book for so long without having read it. I kept spotting it in my bookshelf and thinking I must release this to a friend, but when I finally did get around to climbing up to the top shelf of my bookcase and getting the book down, I realised that I hadn't yet read it. I was so pleased to have another M C Beaton book to read. It was well worth reading and I really enjoyed it. This book was sent to me years ago by the great missmarkey, and by coincidence I had just finished reading two other M C Beaton books that she had recently sent me. Now I am reserving it for fellow Bookcrosser, motherof11.

Journal Entry 4 by wingchamonix44wing at Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (2/23/2021 UTC) at Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands

This book is going to fellow bookcrosser, motherof11, via her daughter.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmotherof11wing at Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, February 27, 2021
I received this book today via my daughter.
Thank you very much, chamonix44!
I love the M.C.Beaton books, so I'm looking forward to reading this one!

Journal Entry 6 by wingmotherof11wing at Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, March 09, 2021
A very enjoyable read!